EUC Architect (End User Computing)
EUC Architect (End User Computing)Crown Castle USA Inc.
Houston, TX 77024
Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure: towers, small cells and fiber. It all works together to meet unprecedented demand—connecting people and communities and transforming the way we do business. Whenever you make a call, track a workout or stream music and videos, we’re the ones providing the communications infrastructure that makes it all possible. From 5G and the internet of things to drones, autonomous vehicles and AR/VR, we enable the technologies that help people stay safe, connected and ready for the future. Crown Castle is a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the S&P 500, and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the US, with an enterprise value of ~$100B.
Position Title: Architect, End User Computing (EUC)
The Technology Architect, End User Computing (EUC) will design and implement all Modern Microsoft Workplace technologies in an enterprise environment. Your role is part of our enterprise architecture team responsible for infrastructure technology platforms across Crown Castle and you will be the subject matter expert for all Microsoft technologies.
- Design the Microsoft-centric End User Computing (EUC) environment to ensure productivity, security and management of user experience and overarching modern technology portfolio to provide a productive and secure enterprise and mobile workforce.
- Develop and maintain roadmaps associated with the evolution of key EUC capabilities, understanding their relationships and dependencies
- Manage enterprise clients running Windows including relevant security and management technologies to provide a secure and scalable end user computing platform through usage of SCCM, Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS), Office 365, Azure Active Directory.
- Define, implement and manage processes and procedures used to manage the computing environment including mobile device management, application self-service, software packaging and distribution, image build and distribution, deployment processes and management, inventory management, backup and restore during migration, profile management, patch deployment, client provisioning, etc.;
- Provide design and troubleshooting of Active Directory and Group Policy as it pertains to the Windows client environment, skilled at Group Policy security design and best practices as pertains to hardening and compliance.
- Advise on Endpoint management through the usage of Windows 10 Security features: Group Policy, Security baselines, Credential Guard, Device Guard, Health Attestation, Bit Locker, Secure & Measured Boot, Windows Hello, and Multi-Factor Authentication, Antivirus and Malware defense.
- Advise on Co-Management and Mobile Device Management (MDM) through the usage of MDM technologies including Device Management, policy management, and security.
- Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
- Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Guide architecture decision making process, including generating engineering tradeoff studies exploring the decision space at the initial design stage or as problems arise.
- Continually drive alignment between product, technical requirements, architecture design and detailed implementation.
- Define and manage interfaces between system modules, generating design strategies to maintain useful abstraction barriers between components and facilitate appropriate information transfer.
- Analyze full system performance data (e.g. on-road performance data) to identify cross-system trade-offs, trace high-level issues back to requirements and specifications, and identify cross-module solutions for issues.
- Serve as a point of contact for system-level engineering questions and issues that may arise.
- Guide documentation efforts for a complex engineering system, in some cases creating system documentation.
- Provide a view of technical risk based on system analysis and technology readiness.
- Maintains an awareness of changing organizational conditions and their impact to the strategic objectives, using knowledge to adapt and evolve their approach
- Demonstrates empathy towards customer and end-user needs, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions that deliver value
- Guide technical decisions when faced with challenges and strong perspectives
- Demonstrates executive maturity and ability to communicate at all levels of the company
- Develops a strong reputation that inspires key stakeholders, presenting ideas in a manner that reinforces credibility and earns trust and respect
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Graduate Degree in technical discipline preferred
- Certifications in ITIL, SCCM, TOGAF preferred
- 5+ years of experience designing and leading IT solutions development/delivery in a customer or stakeholder-facing role
- 4+ years of architecture experience across one or multiple products, systems and/or platforms (Microsoft technologies strongly preferred)
- Expert in implementing and managing Microsoft technologies including Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and OneDrive.
- Expert in Windows Operating System Deployment using SCCM Task sequences for new, refresh, replace, and upgrade scenarios. Must have experience with Windows as a Service (WaaS) servicing model, preferable design, and support of.
- Experience working across subsystem boundaries and teams to solve a complex engineering problem
- Experience with Asset Management systems including design and integration with Configuration Management environments to support overall business needs for license management.
- Experience with software packaging and distribution.
- Expert with Microsoft Graph, SQL queries, excel, PowerShell, and windows scripting technologies. Report creation and writing using PowerBI or Excel is recommended. Usage of Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit, Desktop or Windows analytics desirable.
- Experience with Desktop as a Service (DaaS) technologies and delivery using either Citrix or Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with APIs, middleware, technical architecture design, testing
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and project management
- Crown Castle is a federal contractor and the COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment by your start date to comply with Executive Order 14042.
Working Conditions: Remote with the expectation of on-site/in-person collaboration during “moments that matter.” Approximately 15% travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)