Business Development Coordinator
Business Development CoordinatorIntertek
Houston, TX 77092
Business Development Coordinator
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for a Business Development Coordinator to join our Building & Construction team in our Houston, TX office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile business development career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry!
The Business Development Coordinator role is a perfect opportunity for a motivated individual looking to move upward in our organization. The ideal candidate will be someone who can consistently perform administrative work on several business development projects simultaneously in a fast-paced professional office environment.
What you’ll do:
- Track and manage sales activity with assigned Operation Units and/or assigned clients
- Prepare RFP/RFQ responses, which will involve a lot of coordination with the Business Units
- Assist the Sales Team with marketing initiatives and sales promotions, including assigned client visits and trade show participation
- Respect client deadlines regarding the submission and/or completion of RFP/RFQ responses
- Maintain accurate sales activity records, analyzing and reporting on account activity daily
- Research a wide variety of lead sources and information requests for new opportunities
- Make calls to prospective clients under direction of the Business Development Manager
- Work with the Sales and Operations Teams in following up on proposals and quotation activity and updating the activity in the CRM
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- Minimum of 2 years' Sales and/or Customer Service experience; preferably in an Architectural, Engineering, & Construction (AEC) environment
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Experience in use of Sales CRM’s
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and organizational skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional Customer Service with internal and external clients
- Must display a positive, team oriented mindset and attitude
Why work at Intertek?
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy .
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.