Field ManagerShea Homes
Houston, TX 77064
Shea Homes Houston
Location: West Houston - Cane / Sunterra Communities
This position manages and directs field activities and reporting functions associated with the construction of assigned homes in the community, optimizing the effectiveness of Trades, and ensuring Member satisfaction, quality assurance and a safe work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key Result Area #1 – Customer Satisfaction
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain regular and proactive communication with assigned customers
- Manage and resolve customer issues in a timely fashion and communicate progress on completion
- Review surveys and associated reporting tools to understand trends and adjust accordingly
Key Result Area #2 - Scheduling and Work Planning
- Manage the master plan for assigned homes, ensuring construction proceeds on schedule
- Schedule Trades and coordinate schedules so that construction proceeds in synchronicity and according to master plan
- Evaluate whether master plan and adjust construction phase durations when needed and where appropriate
- Coordinate schedule with overall team schedule on a daily basis and maintain sequence, ensuring home is next Trade ready
- Hold Trades and suppliers accountable to the construction schedule and confirm on a daily basis
- Maintain projected milestones and delivery dates and communicate to community team on a weekly basis
- Adjust the construction process to meet any safety, quality, budgetary, or legal requirements
Key Result Area #3 – Quality Assurance
- Ensure homes are built to Company specifications and in accordance with government regulations
- Have knowledge of the high potential litigation deficiencies and ensure construction practices are followed to avoid litigation
- Evaluate Trade work quality and determine whether tasks are complete so that the next phase of construction can begin
- Where appropriate, document corrective actions, and follow up to ensure completion of corrective items
- Deliver a defect free home to the Member
- Evaluate Trade performance and make recommendations regarding whether to contract with Trade in the future
Key Result Area #4 – Safety and Site Management
- Ensure worksite safety
- Understand and champion the Shea Homes safety program
- Conduct site safety audits every week and correct all noncompliant activities and behaviors immediately
- When appropriate, stop work and/or dismiss a Trade from the worksite
- Ensure all tailgate safety meetings occur and proper OSHA compliant documentation is in place
- Verify Trades maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS) in accordance with OSHA requirements
- Participate in monthly safety training program
Key Result Area #5 – Trade Management
- Manage Trade relations and regularly meeting with Trade foreman to discuss and resolve worksite progress, safety, quality and environmental issues.
- Ensure complete knowledge of scopes of work before building operations begin
- Authority to commit the Company to payments for regular work, change orders, and supply orders. Utilize Perseus for work outside of the scope of work and/or contract, including but not limited to the back charge process. Complete field purchase order paperwork or purchase order requests on same day non-contract work is ordered if applicable. Review and approve invoices daily.
Key Result Area #6 – Government and Homeowner Association Relations
- Represent the Company in on-site interactions with government inspectors, municipal officials and homeowner associations
- Schedule inspections and walkthroughs of the properties with government representatives
- Resolve inspection issues
Key Result Area #7 – Management / Leadership
- Maintain a professional development program
- Train and mentor Assistant Field Managers
- Actively participate in process improvement and offer constructive input at meetings
- Responsible and accountable for executing the specific responsibilities listed above in complete conformance with goals, expectations and schedule commitments of the Division
Thorough understanding of the residential construction process in the following areas:
- Customer satisfaction
- Schedule/cycle times
- Communication - Internal & External
- Production measurement
- Thorough understanding of Field Warranty Operations
- Thorough understanding of office staff procedures to support the residential construction process.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the residential construction industry with specific experience in the categories of:
- On-site construction of detached single-family residences
- Local Off-site construction
- Warranty Service
- High school graduate or equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred.
- Organized, assertive professional.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and assignments and oversee completion of delegated tasks; good follow-up skills a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated teambuilding and leadership ability.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Understanding of basic accounting functions.
- Read and understand plans, related construction documents, technical information and specifications.
- Ability to read and understand contract documents and have a working knowledge of applicable contract laws and principles.
- Appropriate fit for Shea Homes Houston culture a must
Physical Demand/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to walk, sit, and stand. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Shea Homes is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.