Sales ManagerMagnolia Hotel Houston, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Houston, TX 77002
QualificationsUS work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Hotel management: 1 year (Preferred)
Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
Reports to: Director of Sales
Core Function: Book group, corporate, transient, IBT, government, SMERF and any other defined category of booking maximizing revenue, occupancy, and sourcing new business to book.
Individual Hotel Sales titles may include Senior Sales Manager, Corporate Sales Manager, IBT Sales Manager, or Group Sales Manager.
The Duties & Responsibilities of the Sales Manager position include, but are not limited to:
1. Focus on assigned segment, follow-up on all leads, and book rooms to meet or exceed quota on a quarterly and annual basis.
2. Negotiate rates that will be acceptable to the client while at the same time meet revenue objectives of average rate quota and Hotel financial plan.
3. Follow up with clients to assess/evaluate stay, with a goal to improve service and generate return/continued business.
4. As necessary have rates approved for group/extended stay/corporate contracts reviewed and or approved by the Director of Sales prior to presenting contract to client.
5. Maintain relations with local Convention Visitor Bureau, Chambers of Commerce, corporate travel offices and other agencies public and corporate that can benefit the Hotel.
6. Arrange required site inspections and meetings with clients on site; work with Front Desk and Housekeeping for daily show rooms.
7. As necessary schedule and facilitate pre-arrival meeting with affected Hotel departments to discuss the group resume, special needs, special requests, etc.
8. Work with the Director of Sales on personal training and development plan to improve Sales techniques and increase prospects/leads and bookings.
9. Utilize revenue management applications to place Hotel in top tier of comp set, STR report, etc.
10. Continually identify research and develop new business for assigned segment.
11. Work with Accounting on processing of group/client credit applications.
12. Maintain all calls, tentative bookings, definite bookings and other relevant data in the sales management software. Maintain all phone and e-mail contacts, ensuring return of all calls and e-mails.
13. Follow up and resolve any client complaints with Hotel services and/or facilities.
14. Ensure that all contracts, billings, etc. are processed accurately through the front office, accounting and the client.
15. Make assigned business development calls and enter data as required in the sales management software.
16. Attend RevMax meetings/calls, conduct group resume meetings as required.
17. Utilize social media and internet optimization to generate leads and bookings.
18. Conduct conference services duties as may be required for your Hotel and clients.
19. Be a Hotel standard bearer for professionalism, appearance, service, and success to the Hotel staff.
20. Conduct all other duties, responsibilities, actions and activities that are inherent in a Hotel Sales Management position.
21. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
The desired qualifications of a Sales Manager include but are not limited to:
1. Previous sales experience preferably in a hotel/resort setting, or sales experience involving a contract booking procedure.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with clients, Hotel staff, and government officials.
3. Organizational/time management skills, with the ability to successfully multi-task assignments.
4. Strategic planning skills regarding sales, booking process, prospecting and following up on sales leads.
5. Understanding of sales contracts, and experience in rate negotiations.
6. Experience with Word, Excel and sales management software.
7. Experience in writing and administering sales related contracts.
8. Use of social media outlets and applications.
The Sales Manager position is classified as a salary exempt position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77002: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location