Business Development & Marketing Representative - Ob/Gyn, The Fetal Center
Business Development & Marketing Representative - Ob/Gyn, The Fetal CenterThe University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Houston, TX 77030
This position will help Increase the growth of The Fetal Center and Maternal Center of Excellence by assisting in the development and implementation of a physician/patient outreach program contacting physicians in the area and nationally and other potential key referral sources.
Increase utilization of physician’s services by contacting area physicians and other potential key referral sources. Achievement of volume targets and enhancing physician utilization patterns.
- Work with other business development outreach staff/physicians to create and implement outreach program for The Fetal Center and Maternal Center of Excellence.
- Work as a business development liaison with the Memorial Hermann Hospital business development staff coordinating efforts.
- Make personal sales calls to physicians to increase the share of physician services of the market.
- Generate leads through cold calling and independent research to increase physician-to-physician referrals.
- Serve as a resource to physicians to identify potential influential groups and decision makers on key healthcare decisions to introduce and build relationships with the physicians in the department.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy based on physician needs and interest.
- Provide department leadership an oral and written report on the targeted physician’s needs, challenges, interests, competitive activities and potential.
- Coordinate with credentialing and data management regarding physician information.
- Monitor and report on physician satisfaction through personal visitations, telemarketing and other client contacts.
- Adhere to all departmental policies, procedures and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and accuracy of practice.
- Promote individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency.
- Support department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization.
- Serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Thorough knowledge of physician services and sub-specialties.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to conceptualize and develop effective marketing and relationship development strategies.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Nursing, or equivalent experience.
Five years successful medical sales or related experience; sales experience with physicians & staff is preferred.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215