Counter SalespersonElliott Electric Supply
Houston, TX 77073
The Counter Sales Person is responsible for providing assistance to customers during the sales/purchase process and for responding to customer inquiries in a professional manner.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information (including product catalogs, price sheets, etc.), product promotions and advertisements.
- Markets all products sold and suggests replacement/alternative products when appropriate.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in the electrical industry and/or knowledge of electrical products is beneficial but not required.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Basic familiarity with the use of a personal computer.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, including an ability to plan and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone.
- Ability to bend, climb, push, and pull, including the ability to maneuver at heights and in tight or small places.
- Ability to routinely lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 70 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 70 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location