Sales Associate (Cypress Creek Pkwy)
Sales Associate (Cypress Creek Pkwy)WSS
Houston, TX 77068
QualificationsHigh school or equivalent (Preferred)
Job Type- Part-time
Our stores are focused on relationships not just transactions. WSS Service Team Members are vital to delivering customer service that offers a neighborhood friendly shopping experience and drives sales results. At the heart of our stores is a team that is focused on meeting store goals through collective and individual achievement. Your individual responsibilities as a Service Team Member will include demonstrating excellent service, assisting customers on the sales floor and performing cashier functions. In addition, you will be responsible for keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise, accurately signing promotions, organizing the selling floor and backroom areas.
- CUSTOMER FOCUSED: Offer a friendly greeting, smile, and make eye contact with customers; ability to handle several customers at once
- Answer questions about merchandise for the customers’ level of expertise
- HAVE FUN!: Lead customers to appropriate merchandise, provide options and share features and benefits to help them make a buying decision
- Resolve customer concerns or complaints, involving management as appropriate
- RESPECT: Treat all associates and customers with respect at all times
- Assume responsibility for the cash in the register and for register balancing at the beginning and end of your work shift
- INTEGRITY: Adhering to company procedures regarding drops and all other cash handling policies
- Maintain the register area clean, free of merchandise returns and stocked with operating supplies
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Handle returns courteously and professionally with assistance of management
- TEAM WORK: Contribute to the achievement of store sales goals
- Offer WSS Loyalty membership to all customers
- Unload and process shipment in a timely manner
- Maintain stock levels with new or transferred merchandise within all areas of the store
- Execute price changes by referring to price change sheets and adhering to pricing presentation standards
- Conduct merchandise floor moves as needed to accommodate new arrivals and adjust presentations
- STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE: Execute and maintain visual product presentation standards according to directives
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Understand and adhere to all loss prevention policies and procedures to reduce shortage
- OPEN COMMUNICATION: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management in person and over the telephone.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Must be able to make change in American monetary units.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: Reasoning - Ability to multi-task remaining attentive to customers and while remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision.
- Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Other Skills: Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide exceptional service to customers
- Work Hours: Available to work a variety of hours, Including nights and weekends and holidays.
· Must be 18 years or older
· High School or GED equivalent
· Previous retail, hospitality or customer service experience a plus
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location