Store Protection Specialist(7081 HWY 6 N Houston TX 77095)
Store Protection Specialist(7081 HWY 6 N Houston TX 77095)Ross Dress For Less
Houston, TX 77095
QualificationsHigh school or equivalent (Preferred)
Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Guard Card (Preferred)
Job Type- Full-time, Part-time
STORE PROTECTION SPECIALISTS __
_ _* Full-time and Part-time opportunities available now for candidates with an interest *
in Loss Prevention.
- This position provides a visible presence at the store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe and secure environment for associates and customers.
- Responsible for greeting customers, deterring opportunity for theft by physical presence in company issued vest, and monitoring specific Ross policies and * *
_ _ procedures.
- Intermittently walks sales floor to identify and address potential theft indicators.
- Partner with store leadership to ensure compliance of Loss Prevention directives and minimization of operational shortage. Must embrace company values and have a * *
_ _ mentality to protect the Ross treasure.
- Learn to drive company programs consistently and efficiently through committed leadership. Have fun and learn our Ross TRUE culture.
_ _ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Mitigating Theft & Fraud
- Monitor entrances/exits and sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious ROSS behavior. Gather theft indicators and use internal or external intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicate to store leadership and Loss Prevention.
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Provide visible presence at store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a company DRESS FOR LESS issued vest, monitoring for potential safety issues
- Provide assistance to store leadership to maintain a safe and secure environment for associates and customers.
Minimizing Operational Shortage _OPPORTUNITIES _
_ _ Increase store awareness on effective processes to minimize operational shortage.
Train and educate on shortage reduction initiatives.
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
- Provide great customer service by greeting customers and answering questions. _AVAILABLE _
_ _ Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, etc.
- Strong Written & Verbal Communication skills, Problem Solving & Decision Making skills, Adaptability, Credibility & Trust, Service Orientation, Results Driven
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: Part & Full-Time positions
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred, One year retail supervisor experience or similar training preferred; One year loss prevention/security are available around the
training preferred, OPEN AVAILABILITY is REQUIRED
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, Strong communication skills Greater Houston market.
and a Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with the store team
- Excellent customer service skills, Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Must be able to raise or lower objects weighing up to 25 lbs, from one level to another (includes upward pulling)
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need)
Ross is an equal opportunity employer.
Ross Stores: https://corp.rossstores.com/careers/
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $11.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Guard Card (Preferred)
Work Location: One location