RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATEMicro Center
Houston, TX 77081
MICRO CENTER is the nation’s leading computer and electronic device big box retailer! Our technology superstore has an industry-leading 40,000+ selection of premier computer products and the most knowledgeable staff in the business.
We are currently seeking self-motivated, hard-working RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATES. If you have a passion for computers & electronics, Micro Center is the place for you! It is Micro Center’s core promise to take care of our associates and customers. We have established industry leading COVID-19 health and safety standards for our locations nationwide to ensure the continued health both of our associates and customers.
Click here to view our job video
MICRO CENTER OFFERS EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS:
- Flexible Schedules & Excellent Pay
- Employee Discount that includes a Friends & Family Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement & Education Discounts
- Paid Time Off for Regular Associates
- Immediate Benefit Coverage for Regular Full-Time Associates (*currently due to COVID-19)
- Esteemed Vendor & Company Job Training
- Career Advancement Opportunities
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES – RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE:
- Assist customers with a variety of computer and electronics purchases in our high-volume big box retail store.
- Maintain product knowledge and participate in continued sales, vendor and product training
- Maintain the department by ensuring a clean work area and perform various merchandising activities such as processing freight and completing mark downs.
- Participate in open and close procedures and support store operations by maintaining loss prevention awareness
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent with one-year related experience in a customer service or related role strongly preferred
- Passion for technology including computers/electronics & commissioned sales experience is a definite plus (your knowledge and skill level will be matched to the department where you can best serve our customers)
- Sincere interest in helping customers select products that meet their needs
- Physical requirements: lift up to 50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods of time
- Shifts include hours before and after the store is open to the public and may also include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills combined with ability to multi-task and adjust priorities
Micro Center is a place where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to advance their careers. Join our team and see how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
Micro Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of Pre-employment background check and substance abuse screening.