Maintenance TechnicianWorld Class Property Company
World Class Property Company is seeking to hire a Maintenance Technician to join our growing property management group in Houston. World Class is the leading commercial real estate owner in Texas.
The Maintenance Technician will perform the work necessary to complete tenant service requests, completing building maintenance and repairs, and will perform duties to prepare spaces for new tenant occupancy.
Job Qualification Requirements
A technical background in property maintenance is required. Expertise in carpentry, sheetrock restoration and appliance repair preferred. Familiarity with electricity, plumbing and a working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliance repairs required.
All employees must have a valid drivers' license, good driving record, reliable transportation and current auto insurance.
This job is a labor position and considered heavy in physical requirements. Must be able to constantly stand, walk, bend at the neck, reach waist to shoulder, grasp and use dominant hand; frequently lift heavy objects, climb ladders or stairs, kneel/squat, twist body, reach above shoulders or below waist and repeat motions and perform fine finger manipulations. The work involves indoor and outdoor activities with exposure to seasonal weather and the associated temperature fluctuations. Frequent exposure to airborne dust, paint fumes and the chemicals used in surface preparation and general maintenance work. The above listed physical and visual activities are commonly associated with the performance and essential functions of this job. “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There may be circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs maintenance work as ordered on tenant service requests
- Returns all completed work order tickets in digital system
- Performs maintenance HVAC, chiller, and plumbing repairs and maintenance
- Performs the turn process on vacant spaces as directed by the service manager/maintenance supervisor within the required time frames and to the quality standards set by the company
- Participates in scheduled preventative maintenance programs
- Reports capital item repairs needed (broken steps, loose railings, structural concerns, units in need of rehab, etc.)
- Emergency maintenance:
- Is on-call for emergency maintenance duty when assigned
- Is familiar with power, water and gas turnoffs, clean out traps, fire extinguisher and hydrant locations and operation
- Knows emergency telephone numbers (fire, police, maintenance supervisor)
- Follows all company emergency procedures
- Responsible for mileage reports to be turned in monthly
- Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies
- Picks up trash at assigned properties daily including outside of and around the dumpsters and common areas
- Reports all needed repairs to the service manager
- Assists with other types of maintenance when necessary
- Be able to concentrate on intricate detail with moderate interruption
- Come to work with phone charged, uniform cleaned, and badge on at all times
- Must be a self-starter
- Responsible for prioritizing assigned daily tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned