Account ExecutiveCoterra Energy
Houston, TX 77024
About Coterra Energy
Coterra Energy Inc. was formed in October 2021 as the result of a merger between Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation and Cimarex Energy. By merging, the two legacy companies have created one entity full of talented people with decades of experience in the energy industry. Our team is passionate about delivering reliable energy to all and achieving environmental excellence while doing so. We embrace innovation and technology and encourage an atmosphere of open dialogue between employees and leadership. This is just the beginning for Coterra. We’re preparing for the future by expanding our teams across the country. Open positions span across all areas of the business, and we encourage you to visit our website to learn more about Coterra and the opportunities available.
At our Houston headquarters, located in the Memorial City area, Coterra is tripling the size of our corporate office. Not only are we building our teams with diverse, experienced, and talented individuals, but we are also transforming our workplace to inspire ideas, creativity, and collaboration. Individuals who enjoy building and creating a new company are encouraged to apply.
The Account Executive is responsible for executing physical gas trades, optimizing firm transportation assets, and entering into asset management arrangements. They will develop and maintain strong relationships with key and strategic customers, ensure Marketing transaction are sufficient to support Coterra’s growth targets while also realizing the best available pricing based on ensuring access to premium markets, all while promoting teamwork and collaboration within and between departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete daily, monthly, and long-term physical sales. Log all sales in internal database. Ensure all sales documented accurately in accordance with Marketing Department and Coterra guidelines and authority / approval levels.
- Negotiate asset management arrangements related to firm transportation assets for the greatest ROI.
- Monitor credit balances and work with Treasury to ensure all credit levels are appropriate for all new and existing customers based on continuously evolving sales portfolio and price value volatility.
- Negotiate and facilitate the setup of new key customers including downstream market and on-system entities. Work with Legal to ensure terms and conditions of Agreements are satisfactory and appropriate to Coterra’s preferred risk profile and authority limits.
- Conduct detailed analysis of market dynamics and macro trends. Assist in the preparation of various presentations for customer meetings, internal and senior management meetings, and industry conferences.
- Develop relationships with Customers to meet their natural gas requirements and establish Coterra as a preferred supplier. Evaluate customer RFP’s and participate in RFP process as needed.
- Trade and optimize existing deals through opportunistic sales restructuring and conversions.
- Work closely with Scheduling to optimize production, mitigate scheduled downtime, and respond to unscheduled production upsets and interruptions through the most economically beneficial means available. Strive to creatively move or eliminate curtailed gas as needed.
- Provide pricing information including forward looking assessment to Coterra management, employees, and Marketing Department members as needed. Provide guidance regarding market trends and dynamics and how they are anticipated to impact pricing.
- Cross train to provide backup for short-term physical trades within the western U.S. market areas (Mid-Continent and Permian)
- Attend industry conferences and customer meetings as a representative of Coterra.
- Lead customer field tours and customer engagements as needed.
- Other tasks
- Ability to grow and maintain relationships with a diverse range of individuals.
- Strong detail-orientation and top-level self-organization.
- Ability to perform and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand business goals, objectives and direction of organization.
- Use company resources effectively and efficiently.
- Create culture of creativity and anticipate future opportunities.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Minimum of Bachelors Degree required
Years of Experience
Years of Experience Range
Minimum 5-7 years Industry experience, specifically Oil & Gas Marketing
10 or more years
10+ years Industry experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND
Work is typically performed indoors in an office environment. Incumbents must be able to perform work which includes typing, sitting and standing. In the event that incumbent visits operations worksite, personal protection equipment, including head protection, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, and flame resistant clothing is required. Safety rules including OSHA and DOT requirements are strictly enforced. Employees must be willing to travel and work extended hours on short notice.
Percent of Travel Required
10% - 15%
Travel will be required for mandatory meetings, training and visits to field locations.
Coterra Energy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21249095