Insurance Cost Recovery Project Manager (Houston, TX)
Insurance Cost Recovery Project Manager (Houston, TX)Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our 20,000 employees and over 400 offices worldwide. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
- Works with Program Manager to ensure that the PA Program is effective in meeting the needs of the Applicant.
- Work with disaster survivors on eliminating any potential duplications of benefits between Insurance Claims and Federal Disaster Assistance.
- Keep Program Manager informed on issues, problems & resolutions.
- Keeps Applicants informed and educated and works with Applicants to resolve problems.
- Design and ensure accurate project work records are maintained and accessible to meet applicant needs and auditory requirement
- Establish and maintain relationships with disaster survivors, insurance agency representatives, peers, and project manager.
- Assesses client situations; identifies and interprets federal regulations and uses knowledge and experience to determine method of project implementation.
- Communicate the amount of duplication of benefits and associated backup documentation, if any.
- Optimize procedures and maintain communication and focus.
- Review project work sheets prepared by FEMA.
- Design and ensure accurate project work records are maintained and accessible to meet applicant needs and auditory requirements
- Responds quickly to managers, supporting the implementation of projects and organizational efforts to ensure timely, cost effective delivery of high-quality products
- Handling sensitive disaster victim documentation such as policy information and payments received
- Maintaining the financial tracking system for payments received
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ of related work experience with working knowledge of federal grant programs, specifically FEMA or FHWA programs, including related statutes, regulations, policies and processes. Four years additional industry experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience working on Insurance Cost Recovery projects preferred.
- Experience with state or federal grantor agencies is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Strong organization skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills
- Must possess professional proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically strong Excel skills) and the ability to learn project-specific computer systems as needed (specifically SharePoint, Access, and proprietary computer systems).
Experience financial analysis is preferred.