Financial Reporting Analyst
Financial Reporting AnalystPar Pacific
Houston, TX 77024
If you’re looking for a role where you can learn and grow, our supportive team of former Big 4 and regional auditors are ready to give you the tools and exposure to thrive. You will report to the Financial Reporting Manager and be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the monthly consolidation process. As a key preparer of our monthly internal and quarterly external reporting, you will work hand in hand with department leaders throughout the organization. You’ll assist our external auditors as needed to provide information to support the quarterly and annual audit processes. Your core duties consist of the below:
Quarterly internal and external reporting duties including:
- Work with the team to draft, edit, and ensure adequate support is maintained for SEC 10-Q and 10-K filings
- Prepare analytics and PBCs
- Assist with investor deck, earnings release, and earnings call preparation
- Incorporate edits to the 10-K and 10-Q based on feedback from organizational leaders
Monthly internal and external reporting duties, including:
- Prepare monthly internal reporting reports within our system based on support and information provided by other departments and sites
- Manage and maintain our internal support request listing
- Research accounting and disclosure topics and assist in drafting memos as needed
Monthly consolidation duties, including
- Manage the consolidation and close process using Oracle FCCS
- Extract and load trial balances from our general ledger system, record consolidating entries, and run financial reports
- Maintain consolidation applications — make the necessary updates to ensure our consolidation system mirrors our general ledger system
- Prepare post-close entries in our consolidation system
- Support improvements to our 10K and 10Q reporting by researching accounting and disclosure topics and assist in drafting memos as needed
- Learn and master various programs, including Oracle FCCS (consolidation system), Workiva (reporting system), and enhance your Excel skillset
Periodic responsibilities as needed:
- Assist with integration and other special projects
- Provide training and assistance on Workiva
- Assist with bank reporting or stand-alone financials
- Financial Reporting and Accounting are two of our most critical areas, and members of this team enjoy high visibility and opportunities to work on varied projects.
- Our company is growing fast and we’re in transformation, which is creating new opportunities for proven performers.
- You’ll join a hardworking, results-oriented team that is constantly looking to improve processes and gain efficiencies.
- This team is close knit and supportive – we genuinely care about our members and their personal and professional growth.
- This position includes unlimited paid time off which is available immediately upon hire with manager approval.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Financial Reporting Staff opportunity, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of SEC/Reporting experience and/or public accounting experience
- Oil and gas industry preferred
- Legal authorization to work permanently in the United States without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
- CPA designation (or parts passed / CPA candidate) is preferred
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good Reasons to work for Par:
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific - a niche player in the energy space that operates in logistically complex markets. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that love to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is in the Houston, TX corporate office located in CityCentre. It's a vibrant area of the city with plenty of places for lunch or to wind down after work.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Keys to Success
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude. Candidates should have a natural thirst for knowledge and curiosity to drive personal and professional development.
In addition, in order to be a successful member of the Financial Reporting Staff you will have:
- Strong initiative to research issues, develop potential solutions, and effectively partner with other business areas
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- An organized approach and attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and interdependently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and strong verbal and written communication abilities
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure businesses with attractive competitive positions. We own and operate refineries in Hawaii, Washington and Wyoming, with total operating throughput capacity of over 150 Mbpd. We own and operate one of the largest energy infrastructure networks in Hawaii with a logistics network supplying the major islands of the state. In Wyoming, Par Pacific owns a refinery and associated logistics network in a niche market. We operate 123 fuel retail outlets in Hawaii, Washington, and Idaho. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the trading symbol "PARR".
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.