Sr Advisor Rotating Equipment Job
Sr Advisor Rotating Equipment JobHess Corporation
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The position serves as the Company Expert and Global Technical Authority (TA2) for the discipline of rotating equipment engineering (including sub-disciplines as outlined below); this includes Hess upstream and midstream sectors. This position reports to the Head of Projects and Facilities Engineering (PFE) and resides within the central PFE functional team.
As the Technical Authority (TA2) for RE Engineering this role is responsible for establishing and maintaining corporate level RE engineering practices, standards and processes which are incorporated within the Hess Operating Management System. The TA2 provides RE Engineering technical and decision support to all Hess assets (and corporately) on RE system and equipment design, selection, operation, maintenance, and assurance. This includes driving corporate strategy for RE digital visualization and analytics capabilities that provide material improvement in RE system reliability and process safety.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains corporate standards and policies in accordance with industry best practice, industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Provides technical advice, guidance, recommendations, and assurance for projects and modification of existing assets carried out using a Management of Change (MOC) process
- Provides final RE Discipline technical review for MOC where required
- Provide engineering and technical support for the design, fabrication, installation, commissioning, and operation of rotating equipment and mechanical systems, including but not limited to gas compression, power generation, pumping systems (e.g. for oil export, water injection, and other pumping service), air compression, pedestal cranes, etc.
- Assist Hess globally with various engineering reviews such as Peer Reviews, technical assurance reviews, reliability and availability model analysis, root cause failure investigations, management of change reviews and other technical reviews.
- Lead and/or assist project teams in the development of appropriate system sparing philosophies, operating standards, procedures, and training of appropriate operations personnel
- Provide technical support to field operations and maintenance personnel, including:
- Monitor equipment data and performance results
- Perform site/equipment audits
- Recommend/review levels of spare parts
- Support "Management of Change" requirements
- Provide direct field support on equipment issues as required
- Develop, review, and revise maintenance performance standards and procedures for rotating equipment
- Witness Factory Acceptance Test and unit tear downs at vendor facilities
- Provide solutions to mechanical equipment problems via site survey, staff interviewing, root cause failure analysis, and review/trending of equipment data
- Travel to domestic and/or foreign locations as required in support of construction and/or production operations.
- Mentor / supervise early career and / or entry level engineers as required to build Company bench strength in the areas of rotating equipment and mechanical systems
- Coordinates and conducts discipline health checks and formal assurance
- Assists management in assessing technical competence of individuals in or applying for RE roles across the enterprise.
- Must be willing to share technical knowledge and provide training and competency assessments across the enterprise for the RE discipline.
- Facilitates a vibrant and interactive RE company network.
- Committed to ensuring appropriate risk management culture and practice.
- Partners with assets to achieve stated objectives.
- Maintains strong relationships with key Hess RE contractors and vendors to leverage collective intelligence of network to drive discipline excellence.
- Networks with industry standard committees and the like to represent Hess’ interest.
- Builds strategy and guides implementation of RE digital strategy for the purposes of enhancing process safety and reliability.
- Company champion for RE technology and innovations.
- Must build relationship and rapport across the enterprise with peer technical authority teams, asset based technical authorities, asset and corporate resources to carry out above stated responsibilities.
- Minimum of 15+ years of relevant mechanical engineering, project engineering, operations/reliability engineering, and/or project management experience
Demonstrated in-depth working knowledge of, and experience with, the selection, design, construction, and operation of rotating equipment and other mechanical systems relating to oil and gas facilities, particularly including:
- Gas turbines (Solar and other manufacturers a plus)
- Centrifugal, reciprocating, and screw gas compressors
- Power generation, including multi-fuel turbine-driven and engine-driven generators
- Centrifugal, positive displacement, and submersible pumps
- Pedestal cranes
- Air compressors
- Other mechanical systems (general working knowledge acceptable), e.g. survival capsules, water makers, sewage treatment plants
- Direct experience in installation and commissioning of rotating equipment and other mechanical systems producing assets
- Current working knowledge of codes and standards associated with oil and gas production and midstream facilities and equipment installations, e.g. API, ASME, NFPA, NEMA, etc.
- Working familiarity with gas compressor sizing programs
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to interface with management, construction, and field operations personnel with a high level of competence, trust, and cooperation
- Strong personal work ethic, self starter, but must be able to work cooperatively with a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at varying stages concurrently
- Innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
- Strong computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong experience in applying innovation and technology in the RE space, with particular emphasis on data visualization and analytics.
- Includes Predictive and Condition Based Maintenance/Monitoring
- Midstream, Upstream, Offshore, Onshore, US and International experience
- Professional Engineering license (PE) or equivalent
- Skills with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), particularly SAP/PM
- Familiarity with Safety and Environmental Management Programs (SEMP), particularly Management of Change (MOC) and mechanical integrity elements
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Leads by influence and humility
- Exemplifies lean and innovation mindset. Guides organization on continuous improvement/efficiency and fostering a culture of new ideas.
- Can strike balance between codifying process for systematic purposes and maintaining organizational agility. Must be execution and results oriented.
- Understands and maintains knowledge of leading technology, including industry 4.0 revolution and it’s application for RE discipline
- Holds safety, environmental, health, social and corporate responsibility as paramount.
- Knows how to build and maintain strong contractor and vendor partnerships
- Possesses a sustainability mindset and is forward thinking in how RE discipline can enable Hess’ approach
- Is team oriented and a great communicator; can support and help enable a shared vision
- Values and seeks differing perspectives
- Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Catherine Nichols | Employee | Facilities & Projects | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25609