Flow Control Fabrication Manager
Flow Control Fabrication ManagerTechnipFMC
US work authorization (Required)
Job Type- Full-time
TechnipFMC brings together the complementary skills and innovative technologies of FMC Technologies and Technip. Across subsea, onshore/offshore and surface, we bring together the scope, know-how and determination to transform our clients’ project economics. Our culture of innovation drives us to challenge industry practices and establish new ones. It is how we think and how we act. It is how we will enhance the performance of the world’s energy industry.
This position reports to the Flow Control Manager for NAM, works in the Subsea Projects Operations organization, and is located in Houston, TX.
The Flow Control Fabrication Manager is responsible for overseeing the manufacturing scope of work to be executed at suppliers for permanent subsea structures (manifolds, PLETs, Piles, Jumpers, Subsea Distribution, etc.) associated with the Flow Control scope of supply. The Fabrication Manager is accountable for the successful fabrication and testing (Safety, Quality, OTD, Cost Control) of all Flow Control packages at suppliers fabrication facilities; ensuring all packages are carried out in accordance with the Project’s standards, goals and targets. The Fabrication Manager will organize a network of individuals to provide proper planning, oversight, and risk mitigations to fabrication execution at suppliers facilities.
· Ensure the quantitative and qualitative adequacy of resources within the Site Fabrication Team to execute operations at fabrication supplier facilities for all Flow Control scopes of work for NAM projects. Site Fabrication Team consists of Site Fabrication Manager, Fabrication Engineer, Quality Control, QHSE, Assembly & Test Technicians, Supplier Quality Engineer (as needed).
· Collaborates with Package Delivery Managers on execution of fabrication and testing of Flow Control scopes of work at supplier facilities to meet project QHSE, on time delivery, and cost targets.
· Ensures the implementation of TechnipFMC QHSE requirements, Fabrication & Welding standard procedures & processes, and the implementation of project specific quality requirements.
· Evaluates the "fabrication readiness" of fabrication sites for Flow Control scope of supply (manifolds, PLETs, Piles, Jumpers, Subsea Distribution, etc.) in collaboration with the Fabrication Technical Authority, Supplier Quality Engineer, and Supplier Sub Category Manager.
· Evaluates and develops mitigation plans for risks associated with executing fabrication and testing requirements for Flow Control scopes of work at fabrication supplier facilities.
· Unifies practices across the group (internal and external) by providing guidance, developing & monitoring KPIs, and facilitating continuous improvement & consolidation of lessons learnt.
Participates in the development of the supply chain strategy for Flow Control fabrication suppliers in collaboration with Projects organization, and Supply Chain organization.
· Evaluate and develop suppliers in collaboration with Supply Chain and Supplier Quality organizations.
· Provides support at tendering phase for Fabrication Site Team cost, fabrication supplier evaluation, and fabrication process risk analysis.
· Facilitates feedback on manufacturing and testing to Systems Engineering, REMS Product Performance, and Flow Control Product Engineering organization to foster continuous improvement and lean product development initiatives for the Flow Control product line.
· Reinforce and strengthen the QHSE culture at every opportunity and promote correct QHSE behaviors through personal actions.
· Review and validate fabrication execution plans for Flow Control scopes of work at fabrication supplier facilities. Review projects scope risks and ensure proper mitigations are implemented.
· Oversee the coordination of all Site Fabrication Team personnel to monitor and advise on fabrication execution at supplier facilities.
· Oversee the coordination of all equipment, tooling, consumables, and personnel to perform FAT and SIT of fabricated structures.
· Interface with Project Management: follow up of activities, critical deviation of activities, and/or potential risk/opportunities.
· Interface with Regional Procurement Director and Global Sourcing Procurement and advise on local/international strategy with fabricators.
· Interface with Fabrication Technical Authority to understand commercial and schedule drivers for client specifications in relation to subcontractor fabrication plans for structures.
· Interface with QHSE organization to ensure inspection presence adequate onsite, all NCRs are addressed with CARs, and clear roles.
· Provide guidance and mentoring to the Site Fabrication team.
· Familiarization with customer contract documents, and supplier agreements.
· Assist in negotiation of variation orders from suppliers or with customers.
· Validate Site Fabrication Team cost estimates for tenders and monitor cost during execution of work.
· Collaborate with Project Teams to evaluate and determine work execution priority at fabrication sites when conflicts arise.
· Participate in key client meetings for fabrication strategy and execution matters.
· Bachelors’ degree required, preferably in Engineering, Industrial Manufacturing, or Operations. Equivalent work experience may substitute for subject matter of bachelor’s degree.
· A minimum of 7 years of experience in subsea industry, with emphasis in fabrication, quality assurance and work package management.
· Demonstrates strong knowledge of fabrication process, and quality control methods.
· Demonstrates effective leadership ability within a matrixed team environment and contributes significantly to team performance
· Demonstrates exceptional team building skills internal and with clients and major subcontractors
· Demonstrates exceptional negotiation, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
· PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, project and presentation software
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced office environment with multiple priorities and constant change.
Spends 75% of time in a temperature-controlled environment (office, airport, airplane). Spends 25% of time in a field environment or in a subcontractor’s shop and may be exposed to possible hazards including high noise, heavy machinery and inclement weather. Travels 5 - 25% of time and may include international travel. Multiple priorities and constant change .
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Frequent sitting and operating a computer, frequent meetings, international travel to remote locations, job site visits at suppliers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Fabrication, Quality & Work Package Management in Subsea: 7 years (Required)