Senior Analyst, Compensation
Senior Analyst, CompensationCenterPoint Energy
Senior Analyst, Compensation-*CNP03663*
CenterPoint Energy is looking for a Senior Analyst, Compensation to join our CNP Compensation and Employee Services team, located in Houston, TX.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
Metro and parking discounts
Flexible work schedule, paid holidays, and paid time off
Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness center at our headquarters in Houston
Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
As Senior Analyst, Compensation you will drive the business by designing, implementing and administering employee compensation programs. Serving as advisor to management on compensation recommendations. Performing compensation analyses and presentation of findings. Reviewing job descriptions and performing job evaluations. Preparing and conducting compensation surveys and analyzing survey results to determine competitive compensation levels using market pricing techniques. Leading projects to develop compensation program design recommendations.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Understand company compensation plans and administrative processes covering base salary and variable pay programs. Monitor compensation program elements such as competitive pay adjustments, promotions, job changes, and short-term incentive goals and awards. Develop procedures and processes to ensure consistent and equitable administration of compensation plans and recommend changes to program designs as needed.
- Conduct and participate in internal and external studies of compensation practices, using market pricing software, Excel, Access, or Business Objects to capture and report data. Interpret competitive compensation data, present observations to management, and recommend actions based on analysis.
- Provide management and human resource management with advice and interpretation in the planning and implementation of organizational changes and related position and job title changes.
- Conduct job evaluations of new and revised positions using methods such as market pricing, job slotting, and internal point factor comparisons. Design and maintain compensation pay structures. Make recommendations to management using these tools.
- Maintain data integrity of human resource information systems through SAP in the implementation of personnel and position changes such as FLSA status and EEO category.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in the field of compensation management and maintain knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, Securities and Exchange Commission regulations related to compensation to ensure compliance.
Your background includes:
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Finance, or other related field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience and knowledge in compensation administration including base salary administration, use of market surveys, job pricing techniques, job evaluation, variable pay design and administration, and regulatory compliance.
A bonus to have:
- Certification from WorldatWork or SHRM
- Executive compensation experience
Job Location: Houston, TX
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.*
Job Human Resources - Compensation
Primary LocationUS-TX-Houston-CenterPoint Energy Tower
Job Posting Mar 7, 2022
Posting End Date Apr 1, 2022
Job Type: Full-time