Senior AuditorCenterPoint Energy
CenterPoint Energy is looking for a Senior Auditor to join our CNP Internal Audit team, located in Houston, TX.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
Metro and parking discounts
Flexible work schedule, paid holidays, and paid time off
Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness center at our headquarters in Houston
Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
As Senior Auditor you will drive the business by participating in and leading a variety of internal audit assignments and projects including: risk control assessments, financial audits, operational audits, contractor and vendor audits, internal financial investigations, process reviews, internal control validations and other management requested projects.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Design, develop, and lead unit engagements for risk control assessments, financial audits, operational audits, contractor and vendor audits, internal financial investigations, process reviews, internal control validations and other management requested projects.
- Develop efficient and effective audit objectives, audit programs and testing procedures, as required, for assigned engagements.
- Develop accurate and complete audit workpapers that adequately support audit observations and document work performed.
- Review audit workpapers of engagement team to ensure accuracy and completeness of work performed.
- Prepare audit points summarizing audit observations and recommendations.
- Discuss observations noted with the Audit Client in a timely manner.
- Produce and communicate status of audit work with team members and managers relative to milestones, observations noted, and client acceptance.
- Draft and complete audit reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively utilize automated analysis tools to streamline departmental efficiency and enhance audit coverage.
- Assess financial statement risk related to business objectives and determine if sufficient controls are in place.
- Assist the Audit Manager in the preparation of the annual audit plan.
- Develop Audit Staff using such skills and tools as regular feedback and performance discussions, coaching and counseling.
- Keep abreast of accounting, legal and regulatory issues relating to a variety of areas including information technology, industry, financial, communication, safety, human resources and other areas associated with Company functions.
- Provide communication to other department members to establish a broader knowledge base amongst all team members.
Your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Finance or other business-related discipline is required (Minimum 12 semester hours in Accounting).
- At least 4 years of accounting, finance or audit experience.
- At least 1 year of in-charge or lead auditor experience.
A bonus to have:
- Public accounting and/or utility industry experience is a plus.
- SAP R/3 software experience a plus.
Job Location: Houston, TX
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.