Product Commercialization Manager - Drilling Automation
Product Commercialization Manager - Drilling AutomationCorva
Houston, TX 77043
The Product Commercialization Manager guides the commercialization and adoption of select Corva Product lines in a structured manner by advancing each Product through the five Product Commercialization Stages. While the manager may be involved in the first two stages of the process, the primary focus of the role are the stages of Customer Adoption, Corva Integration, and Commercialization.
At the end of each Stage, the PCM will hold a Gate Review at which point an assessment and decision of the continuation of the product is undertaken. At each Gate, the Product Commercialization Manager will:
Confirm the established criteria by which the stage is judged and track the progress of the planned deliverables.
- Gauge whether the project continues to meet company goals from an economic and business perspective.
- Provide a recommendation for one of five possible Gate outcomes for the Product: continue to the next stage, conditionally continue, hold at this stage, recycle the current stage, or kill product.
- In case of continuations, propose an action plan and outline a set of milestones, success criteria metrics (must meet vs. should meet), deliverables, and timeline for the next stage.
The PCM is self-motivated and passionate about ensuring product adoption and commercialization.
This person reports to the Director of Product Commercialization.
The PCM is responsible for several deliverables at each Product Commercialization Stage. Also, leads and coordinates with other teams to deliver on each Commercialization Stage, as appropriate. They work closely with Product Managers, R&D, Business Development, Technical Sales, Customer Success, Operations, and Management to serve as the point of contact across the product lifecycle.
Responsibilities and Dutie
- Support Assessment and Development stages as needed, including providing input on product features, scope, financial models and projections, targeted regions and customers.
- Compile go-to-market plans with Management, Product Managers and Commercialization Manager.
- Create and manage the Customer Adoption Plan.
- Identify Corva resources to support the CAP as needed (Technical Sales, CSM, Sales SME, Ops)
- Create technical sales and marketing information as needed to approach initial customers to test interest in pursuing a CAP with Corva.
- Work with sales and technical sales to identify best customers to approach on a Product CAP.
- Coordinate meetings with those sales and customer stakeholders; take the lead on presenting, answering questions, and following up.
- Coordinate and negotiate Customer Acceptance criteria and checklist
- Coordinate the trial as the main point of contact from Corva; coordinate all required activities internal to Corva and with the customer to promote a good trial that meets objectives.
- Develop value proposition, compile data, customer feedback, and recommendations from the field trial for internal presentations.
- Coordinate all Corva Integration stage needs to include training of operations, CSMs, technical sales, sales and accounting.
- Provide technical expertise on sales.
- Coordinate with marketing on launch of commercial product.
- Other activities as needed.
Qualifications and Skills (Required)
- Experience in oil and gas
- Proven ability to communicate with customers at multiple levels
- Proven ability to build revenue in new products
- Ability to take complex concepts and present in a streamlined, simple way
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Presentation skills
- Strong technical and customer service skills
- Ability to work with teams effectively
- Analytical thinking skills
- Ability to train others
- Skills in Microsoft Office suite
Qualifications and Skills (Recommended)
- Four-year degree
- 5+ years drilling engineering and directional drilling experience
- Experience with Corva software platforms
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21226215