Marketing Automation Strategist
Marketing Automation StrategistNorthern Trust Corp.
SUMMARY - This position can be located anywhere in our West Region.
As the Marketing Automation Strategist, you will be responsible for the strategic and day-to-day execution of marketing automation campaigns for the West Region Marketing team. Manage customer experience journeys of digital marketing campaigns including integration with SalesForce. Identify, make changes and establish new processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency and brand consistency. Ensures the team is following industry best practices for delivery following appropriate procedures and brand guidelines. Responsible for configuring and monitoring Northern Trust Marketo programs, data flows, and templates offering compelling and personalized experience.
- Leverage Marketo to turn marketing into a revenue driver, using best practices in marketing automation, lead management and revenue performance management.
- Dedicated to defining the short -and long- term strategy for marketing automation, representing the marketing team’s requirements, making trade-offs based on data and customer needs, and ensuring delivery of the technology roadmap.
- Collaborate with marketing partners to capture requirements, execute builds, and deliver personalized digital marketing experiences including email communications, events, splash pages, content management, nurture flows, and other.
- Guide business stakeholders to define MarTech & Marketing Automation strategies, and solutions across marketing, sales, and service.
- Bridge the gap between the business and technology to build engaging and highly personalized experiences for customers.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing programs and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Uses judgment to identify, troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems.
- Plan, build, and sustain engaging experiences by leveraging the latest digital solutions.
- Learn new platform capabilities to stay on top of the ever-growing MarTech ecosystem.
- Recommend solutions to help marketing partners advance their marketing maturity and use of marketing technologies.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Have hands-on experience with an enterprise-level Marketing Automation system (Marketo experience is a plus, but not required)
- Working knowledge of CRM systems commonly integrated with the Marketo platform
- Experience with Marketing Automation campaign deployment – external (email, nurture flows, events) and internal (lead scoring, opportunity lifecycle, sales alerts)
- A minimum of 5 years of marketing automation experience including financial services experience
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred
- Know marketing automation processes including lead management, campaign management and online marketing
- Experience working with CRM applications such as Salesforce.com
- Problem solver with an attention for data to measure results
- Excellent client management skills, strong written and verbal communications, executive level presence
- Solid project management and organizational skills