Communications Senior Manager, People, Talent Attraction & Benefits
Communications Senior Manager, People, Talent Attraction & BenefitsPRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS
Houston, TX 77002
A career in Sales and Marketing, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and drive long term revenue growth for the Firm. You’ll focus on designing, developing, and implementing communication programmes and media events to promote and sell the PwC’s brand and services as well as contribute to and evaluating our pricing strategies in the marketplace.
Our Marketing and Public Relations team is responsible for PwC’s external media relations and social media strategy. As part of our team, you’ll help with social media account management, media relationship management, and identifying new and emerging opportunities for the Firm.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader with understanding and substantial direct experience with internal & external communications strategy at a national and global level preferably with a professional services firm, a financial services entity or working at a public relations agency as well as success in accomplishing key objectives, including the following areas:
- Managing and leading a team in developing and executing a proactive internal & external communications strategy, focused on business objectives and public positioning goals, including writing internal communications, crafting media angles for, preparing leaders for media interviews, writing blogs and OpEds for leaders, raising the Firm’s profile at sponsored events, developing social media profiles for leaders, responding to unsolicited incoming media requests, and other crisis communications;
- Understanding the evolving communications landscape and associated tactics of internal & external communications and also has the experience to know when and how to apply them, depending on the need or situation;
- Overseeing, developing and cultivating top-tier media contacts, identifying and seeking out additional reporter contacts valuable to the Firm and developing them across traditional media (including top-tier print and broadcast as well as service, industry and/or geographic trade publications) and new media platforms (including social media outlets e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook);
- Bringing a deep expertise in internal communications and communicating human capital related topics, including: benefits, compensation, wellbeing, culture, etc.;
- Leading executive visibility for key leaders;
- Providing strategic counsel to leadership to reinforce and strengthen our position;
- Managing projects, day-to-day operations and multi-tasking, overseeing multiple and diverse projects simultaneously;
- Building and maintaining internal relationships while working effectively within a matrixed organization to address strategic and risk management issues;
- Performing as a skilled verbal communicator, developed writer, and strategist; and,
- Overseeing, coaching and developing teammates effectively and consistent with a Firm’s culture.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsseniormanager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.