Public Relations Account Manager (B2B Tech + Healthcare)
Public Relations Account Manager (B2B Tech + Healthcare)Highwire Public Relations
About us: Highwire Public Relations is a modern communications agency designed for disruptive companies. As the top-ranked independent tech PR firm, we represent some of the biggest brands in cloud, enterprise, security, fintech, healthcare tech, and consumer tech. We are nimble, creative, growing fast, and committed to growth and inclusiveness for all our team members.
Highwire has been named Technology Agency of the Year and Best Agency to work for by PRWeek, PRovoke, and Inc. Magazine. We are a learning culture that welcomes diverse perspectives to develop our teams, coach for career growth, and embrace new ideas.
At Highwire PR, we are entrepreneurs, makers, and explorers. We are committed to fostering an inclusive agency environment, where every employee can be seen, heard, and valued. We believe in taking and owning a seat at the table, and the equal importance of creating empowered spaces for diverse storytellers. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds. Applicants from historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
We’re looking for a visionary, creative type with 5+ years of experience growing teams and delighting clients. As an Account Manager, you will lead 3 to 4 teams doing everything from developing high-level strategy with clients to making magic happen with media, influencers and social media. Rock-solid writing skills, an in-depth knowledge of the technology industry and proficiency with all things digital and social are a must. We also take pride in our passionate and contemporary standard, so you should have a track record of leading edge thinking to develop programs that have a meaningful and relevant business impact. And, we love and adore our staff at all levels so we’re looking for someone to inspire and energize their teams and take Highwire to new heights. technology background and established relationships with consumer tech media.
- Media/Influencer Relations
- Strong relationships particularly with business, broadcast and influencer media and ability to direct staff to develop the same.
- Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to engage and support efforts.
- Ongoing engagement of media for the agency (e.g. blog Q&A, lunch talks, etc.)
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
- Ability to manage PR Programs from kick off through achieving goals.
- Ability to set aggressive but achievable goals based on generating news and ongoing coverage.
- Exceptional client management skills and deep personal investment in client success.
- Ability to manage through periods of change or challenge.
- Ability to think clearly and project confidence amid crisis situations or in the face of strong competition.
- Day to day contact for clients.
- Develop budget and team priority allocations and identify opportunities to increase budget.
- Lead media training sessions with clients including developing key messages and all follow up from session.
- Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR program.
- Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company memorandum and general team correspondence; also responsible for their production and assembly.
- Professional, articulate and timely client communication. Development of consistent, creative, successful pitches.
- Maintain 2 direct reports, assist in development of goals for reports, deliver annual reviews and quarterly check ins.
- Participation in new business process including proactively identifying new targets, research and presenting at pitch. Identify, attend and encourage others to attend networking events.
- Maintain a respectful, enthusiastic, and professional attitude towards coworkers, clients, and outside colleagues and lead team by example.
- Support teams and manage up and down.
- Responsible use of flexible work policies.
- Uses Highwire social channels; writes for Highwire blog.
- Mentor junior staff to elevate development.
- Proactively set up quarterly goals with principal; track against goals and demonstrate growth.
- Effectively prioritize responsibilities based on impact, timelines, workflow and client goals.
- Drive projects forward independently, eliminating the need for managers to consistent check in re: follow through/ task completion. Identify areas for self-improvement and bring suggestions and solutions to management.
- Consistently hit deadlines or give enough notice if you won’t.
- Attends regular networking events.
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Hybrid work model to suit your schedule and lifestyle
- Excellent vacation policy including extended break for 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years
- Highwire offices close at 3pm every Friday
- 401K Match
- Medical and dental benefits/ FSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefit
- Home office equipment stipend
- Linkedin Learning Subscription
- Curiosity Stipend of $100 annually for books, exhibitions, etc.
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefit
- Calm Meditation App
- Donation Match
- Full-time writing Coach
- Monthly recognition programs
- Quarterly Highwire fun events – Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday
- Dog friendly work environment
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many opportunities for learning and growth
The duties delineated above will vary depending on the needs of each specific account, and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. They will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisors.
If you are the breakout candidate we seek, please apply now by uploading your resume.
Highwire is required to ensure that all of our employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a legal exemption applies. As a result, all Highwire job offers are expressly conditioned on an individual being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or prior to their start date and providing proof of such vaccination unless the individual is legally exempt.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21432296
Related Ads (See all)
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2022