Director of Marketing & Communications (College of Medicine)
Director of Marketing & Communications (College of Medicine)University of Houston
Directs comprehensive, integrated marketing and communications efforts for the College of Medicine including, but not limited to, market research, branding, image building, media placement, outreach and recruiting, social media, key messaging, external and internal communications. Develops and implements integrated marketing and communication campaigns, evaluates marketing plans, and develops strategies to respond to changing market conditions to raise visibility of the College.
- Oversees the marketing program for the college, including research, branding, strategy and creative development.
- Provides strategic direction for implementation of branding and image building efforts for the college and analysis of brand positioning through market research.
- May direct recruitment and outreach activities to community business leaders, professional associations, alumni, faculty, staff and students.
- Plans, develops and implements new marketing campaigns and branding initiatives in response to changing market conditions.
- Directs departmental operations, including management of staff, resources and budgets including tracking return on investment.
- Serves as a resource to the Dean, faculty, and/or administration regarding successful marketing and recruitment practices.
- Facilitates the development and delivery of effective communications that align with the strategic goals of the college. Including: key messaging and positioning, strategic partnership communications, and media relations efforts.
- Coordinates strategic communications within the college, with other UH colleges and throughout the university.
- Oversees the communication strategy and implementation for the college, along with creating and executing a wide variety of communications projects-including communications plans, news and feature stories, speeches, media pitches, publications, and similar items-for the college and the dean.
- Responsible for all college-based communication activities, including the content and messaging of college web site, social media channels, media relations and, publications to ensure the consistent implementation of university identity standards and accessibility standards in college communications. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Posting Information
Position provides vision, direction, and leadership to establish UH College of Medicine’s brand recognition and reputation as an emerging leader for medical education.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Initiating and leading all marketing/communications initiatives for all clinical enterprise initiatives.
- Developing and managing resources (budget & staffing) to maximize impact.
- Developing and leading Humana lnstitute's marketing and communication plan.
- Providing vision and strategies to build the College's brand recognition and ensures brand integrity.
- Building consensus and providing direction to stakeholders regarding marketing
and communications strategies, process and collateral materials to make the greatest impact.
- Creating systems, including policies and guidelines to streamline production and distribution of marketing and communication materials, both digital and print.
- Represents the college with internal (UH System) and external partners for marketing and communications (Houston Public Media, Humana and HCA).
Preferred experience developing, managing and implementing marketing and communications plans.
Preferred experience in Health Care or Non-Profit industry.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Qualifications Information:
- Department is willing to consider education in lieu of experience.
- Department is willing to consider experience in lieu of education.