Mechanical Test Lab Operator
Mechanical Test Lab OperatorVallourec Tube-Alloy LLC
Houston, TX 77073
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for preparing and testing product samples. Cuts, tests, and documents results for required samples. Samples include tensile, Charpy and hardness specimens.
- Unload/transport sample materials using overhead crane, forklift, and pallet stacker.
- Cut required mechanical test samples using band saw, CNC lathe and CNC mill, and Charpy v-notch broach.
- Inspect samples to dimensional requirements using various gages and optical comparator.
- Test samples using tensile test machine, Charpy tester, cooling bath, and hardness tester.
- Record test results and maintain traceability.
- Perform and documents required periodic equipment/lab conditions checks.
- Maintain equipment.
- Perform daily housekeeping.
- Participate in 6S and continuous improvement programs. Be fully committed to continuously improve the process.
- Follow Vallourec HS&E standards and policies, understand the Risk Assessments pertaining to operations, and participate in creating the Risk Assessments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Test Lab Lead
QUALIFICATIONS: Good mechanical aptitude, and mathematical and computer skills. Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED. Education requirements may be satisfied through alternative education and/or previous job experience. Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year prior experience in a metalworking environment. 1 year inspection experience. Familiarity with gages (micrometers, calipers, etc.) and optical comparators. Previous experience in a mechanical test lab preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS: High-quality communication and customer service skills.