Mechanical AssemblerPV Fluid Products
Houston, TX 77066
The Stator Technician is tasked with manufacturing new stators and relining stators for usage in oilfield directional drilling. Manufacturing is completed through a series of manufacturing cells with quality control checks documented at each cell. A fully qualified Stator Technician has the ability to successfully function in each manufacturing cell. The Stator Technician is responsible for performing manual labor along the production line, as well as for operating and troubleshooting production line processes and computers.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Follow procedures related to manufacturing new stators and relining customer returned stators.
- Follow injection molding procedures for manufacturing a stator.
- Verify qualify control checks at each manufacturing cell, prior to the tube moving to the next manufacturing cell.
- Reject product that does not meet written specifications.
- Operate overhead cranes to move product to and from work cells.
- Assemble mold tooling.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards.
- Handle tubes at an elevated temperature.
- Data entry for computerized production control.
- Conduct dimensional tests, as required.
- Conduct final inspection and document control produced product, as required.
- Document and maintain Process Control Sheets (PCS).
- Assist Mechanics in repair work, as necessary.
- Accept heated tube from Oven Operator and heated core from Oven Operator.
- Confirm tube and tooling temperatures.
- Make adjustments, as necessary, to produce product within specifications.
- Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOP) and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001:2015 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have overhead crane experience
- Experience working in a machine shop is a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Produces error-free work.
- Self-starter who thinks of innovative, faster ways to accomplish tasks.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and able to adapt to the Company’s dynamic environment.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Must possess basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- Able to communicate in English (both written and orally).
- Must possess manual dexterity in order to operate machinery and computers.
- Sitting, bending, standing, walking, 8-10 hours per day.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must comply with any safety or PPE requirements.
- Exposure to production environment.
- Reasonable accommodations are made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job