Automotive Quality Control
Automotive Quality ControlLKQ
Houston, TX 77073
Job Type- Full-time
As a part of our growth LKQ is looking for a dedicated and passionate Quality Control Tech with knowledge of replacement parts for a Quality Control Tech. The Quality Control Tech must have some experience in car repair and parts. The Quality Control Tech cleans, inspects, and prepares LKQ product for shipment and delivery to our customers. If you enjoy working hard, are able to lift and carry heavy objects, and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
- Clean parts - buffing small parts, power washing drive train, cleaning panels with soap and water.
- Inspect parts - matching description and quality to how it was inventoried.
- Communicate with sales reps - using email and/or phone to describe any discrepancies in quality or inventory of the part.
- Prepare for shipment - protect all small parts with bubble wrap and place in a cardboard box, wrap bumpers with protective cover, place doors in racks divided by foam pads.
- Load trucks - prepare racks with panels and small parts to be loaded on trucks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Previous experience in car repair and parts helpful
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: Occasional to regular exposure to extreme weather conditions, loud noise, and debris. Must be able to lift and carry up to 70 lbs or more frequently
Qualifications: Knowledge of and ability to identify whether bumper cores are repairable or not.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions. The work schedule is typically Monday through Friday but on occasion may include weekends.