Second Shift Supervisor
Second Shift SupervisorMarberry Machine
Houston, TX 77041
QualificationsNight Shift (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Marberry Machine is a company in Houston, TX 77041. We are professional, supportive, demanding and our goal is to Increase capacity and efficiency, to drive profitability and growth. .
We are an ISO Certified Machine shop serving the O&G, Military, Aerospace, Mining and Heavy Equipment Industries, and we are currently looking to expand our second shift capabilities, and are therefor looking for a second shift supervisor to oversee our machine shop operations. Shift Supervisor responsibilities include delegating tasks to staff, addressing operators performance and attendance issues, assisting with programming edits, tooling and machine troubleshooting, and and ensuring compliance with safety regulations. If you have excellent organizational and team management skills and experience in the machining industry, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will help us ensure that second shift produces high quality parts, at the most efficient level.
- Delegate tasks to machine shop staff and supervise their performance
- Maintain a well organized and clean shop
- Arrange to have shifts covered (e.g. when employees take time off)
- Help staff resolve on-the-job challenges
- Open or close the shop at times, depending on shop schedule.
- Inform the next Shift supervisor about pending tasks, machine issues, etc.
- Report maintenance and training needs
- Proven experience as a Manufacturing Supervisor or relevant role in a Machine Shop
- Good knowledge of Machine Shop operations (like troubleshooting CNC PROGRAMS and ALARMS, reading CNC Programs, reading drawings, ISO Knowledge, machine feeds and speeds, Machine Tool Setups, Forklift and Overhead Crane)
- Availability to work nights, including weekends
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team management abilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
All employees are required to wear masks.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Machine Shop: 10 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location