Shipping Account Coordinator
Shipping Account CoordinatorFarouk Systems Inc
Houston, TX 77073
Responsible for coordinating the transportation logistics for domestic and international shipments for all Farouk Systems, Inc. accounts. In addition, is responsible for expediting outbound shipments in support of on-time delivery goals. Persons in this role must be able to consistently demonstrate knowledge of all shipping processes and procedures and be able to train others in performing core shipping functions
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage outbound truck routing logistics. Responsible for scheduling, monitoring and loading outbound shipments on the scheduled ship date.
- Manage transportation routing via third-party logistics providers, to include utilizing web based applications to coordinate outbound shipment.
- Subject matter expert for all parcel shipping systems related processes and procedures. Includes UPS, FedEx and other parcel transport providers.
- Must be able to independently process customer orders using the SAP system. Basic SAP requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Create Customer Delivery Orders
- Create Transfer Orders
- Allocate materials to orders as needed
- Check inventory status for orders to ensure product is available and is in shippable status.
- Create Bills of Lading in preparation of customer order pick-up.
- Maintain and publish daily shipment logs.
- Maintain traffic log
- Coordinate shipments with motor freight carriers.
- Serves as the liaison between internal sales team and the shipping department.
- Provide customers with complete, accurate and timely feedback on orders and shipment details.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating both Domestic and International freight forwarder transactions for customers.
- Work closely with customer’s logistics, receiving and shipping personnel to ensure timely product delivery.
- Resolve customer complaints, concerns and request.
- Coordinates movement of customer orders with internal sales team.
- Solicit and shipping rates and makes decisions on carrier use.
- Liaison with production manager to check production schedules and product availability.
- Develop accurate outbound shipping documentation for all domestic outbound shipments, to include system or manually generated bills of lading and packing lists.
- Support, promote, and drive 6S initiative in the Distribution Department.
- Must demonstrate safe work habits at all times in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with peers and across all internal departments effectively in a professional manner. Areas of importance: interpersonal skills; communication skills; decision making skills; and organizational skills.
- Perform all processes and procedures related to on-time fulfillment of international shipments, up to an including invoicing international orders when required.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter with a sense of urgency and timeliness in performing their duties with minimal supervision.
- Willingly looks for and shares ideas in the development of enhancing current methods and procedures within the department and in complimentary departments. Exhibit problem solving skills and is customer focused.
- Offers ideas and suggestions for improving our safety and health programs
- All other duties that are asked by management to be done for the best interest of the company, its customers and its employees.
- Must consistently maintain or exceed department productivity/accuracy goal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience in a Warehouse and Manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to read, write, in English
- Must be able to independently demonstrate the ability to solve basic mathematical computations.
- Previous experience in a related position
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Skills & Abilities: *
- Must be able to stand 8 hours or more daily
- Must be able to lift or carry 10-26 lbs repeatedly through the day
- Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook
Job Type: Full-time