Help Desk Administrator
Help Desk AdministratorBrandt Companies
Houston, TX 77064
Execute help desk tickets promptly and courteously. Provide end-users with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Receive and respond to help desk ticket
- Perform the following:
- Analyze reported problems;
- Search Knowledge Base;
- Troubleshoot or guide end-users through troubleshooting procedures;
- Escalate issues to appropriate IT personnel when necessary;
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with equipment and software when necessary;
- Work (moves/adds/changes) - prepare computers for employee use, install appropriate software, ensure computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems (i.e., file server, email server, applications server);
- Set up new user accounts (AD accounts, email, office and/or cell phone, PC, etc.);
- Maintain detailed notes on all tickets
- Train and familiarize end-users one-on-one on use of hardware and soft
- Move IT equipment as needed (user desk setups and remote site deployments)
- Basic printer/copier maintenance and troubleshooting
- Recommend and/or perform upgrades to hardware, software, and deployment of new hardware and software technologies that can streamline or improve
workflow and effectiveness.
- Work with other IT members on project-oriented tasks, as assigned.
- Maintain desktop and laptop images and imaging software.
- Participate in night-time/weekend on-call rotation.
- Maintain IT inventory to company standards
- Maintain excellent attendance record.
- Perform additional assignments as needed.
- Excellent Customer Service skills a must
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of Windows 10, MS Office products, and Office 365
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- IT certifications (MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, A+, N+, etc.) a plus
- Related experience (2+ years preferable) in computer support activities
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for customers, employees, and business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting with smartphones, mifi, tablets, and similar equipment preferred
Ranked as a Top 50 Specialty Contractor in ENR Magazine, Brandt is one of the largest MEP firms in the United States. We perform the entire mechanical and/or electrical phases of large commercial, institutional and industrial construction projects. Brandt is headquartered in Carrollton, Texas, and maintains additional regional offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio and Waco.
The Brandt Companies, LLC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.