Director of Information Technology
Director of Information TechnologyPBK Architects
Houston, TX 77046
For over 40 years, PBK Architects has been a leader in architectural and engineering design solutions across the United States. We are constantly seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be part of our award winning firm. Here at PBK, we pride ourselves in providing the best in class programmers, planners, architects, engineers, and consultants to offer top notch customer service. We strive to make a positive impact for future generations with our actions today. Here’s your chance, are you ready to make a difference?
Description – Director of Information Technology
We are in search of a highly motivated, experienced Director of Information Technology to join our Corporate IT team. The Director of Information Technology will be responsible for the management, strategy, and execution of IT infrastructure and operations for the company. Typical responsibilities for this role include:
- Overseeing technical projects in alignment with organizational goals
- Directing the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Working with information engineers to find solutions to manage business activities
- Supervising a team of workers, while working closely with executive leadership, management, external vendors and advisors
- Preparing financial budgets and presenting proposals for capital projects to senior executives
- Researching and recommending new products
- Identifying new market opportunities
- Leading efforts to improve IT processes
Well qualified candidates will have knowledge of:
- Windows 10-11 and Server 2016-2022
- MS Office 365
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
- Office 365 Administration Management
- Active Directory/Azure
- Strong understanding of Vlans
- Network/Server/Domain Infrastructure
- Strong understanding of SD-Wan Routing
- Strong understanding of cyber security and best practices
- Strong understanding of Fortigate Firewalls
- Strong understanding of Shoretel VOIP Phone systems
- Strong understanding of Dell Compellant SANs
- Strong understanding of Hyper-v cluster and VMware systems.
- Strong understanding of Datto and Veeam Backups
- Experience with SaaS and IaaS
- SQL Database Management
- Deltek Server Management
- Newforma Server Management
- Developing a technology strategy and vision to present to executive staff
- Collaborating with members of the executive team to identify ways IT can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals.
- Strong familiarity with Autodesk products
- Understanding of Revit servers
- Understanding of VPN
- Understanding of Microsoft RDS Servers
- Understanding of LMTools
- Hires and trains IT staff.
- Schedules, organizes, and assigns projects to members of the IT team.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Leads development and implementation processes for the organization’s IT systems and department.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Work closely with other department managers and directors to ensure timely project deadlines and develop cross-functional software applications.
- Create project plans, monitor daily work efforts, performing quality review and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for utilizing SDLC lifecycle so that software releases are as successful as possible, and errors and downtime are minimized.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required; master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- At least ten years of experience managing an IT department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Through understanding of IT and practical applications to support the company’s goals.
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work.”