School Administrative Assistant I
School Administrative Assistant IConnections Academy
Houston, TX 77042
Pearson Virtual Schools is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered personalized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2021-2022 school year, 47 Connections Academy Partner Schools, virtual public schools, will operate in 29 states and expect to serve more than 105,000 students from across the U.S. Pearson Virtual Schools is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Texas Connections Academy @ Houston (TCAH) is a tuition-free online public school serving students in grades 3-12 statewide. TCAH is provided in partnership with the Houston Independent School District (HISD) under the terms of the Texas Electronic Course Program (eCP) and Texas Online Schools (TxOLS). TCAH first opened in December 2008 with a regulatory cap of 100 students, and has grown to over 8,000 students served during the 2020-21 school year. TCAH operates as an approved HISD campus and is accredited through HISD. Texas Connections Academy @ Houston strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Working primarily from your home office, the School Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily administrative tasks of the school such as answering phones and email, receiving visitors, assisting the principal and teachers with administrative tasks, filing and other duties as assigned.
- Entering data into multiple online student information systems;
- Filing and file management;
- Generating and analyzing reports;
- Answering phones and promptly returning calls;
- Scheduling appointments;
- Speaking with parents, students, and other school representatives and officials;
- Ordering office supplies;
- Interacting with vendors;
- Assisting with State Testing duties;
- Working individually and within a team to accomplish projects and tasks;
- Assisting the school administration team with a wide variety of daily responsibilities; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Prepared to handle heavy amounts of filing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel, and web-based applications is essential
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
Out of State Teacher Requirements:
- Candidates who are outside of Texas must agree to the following travel:
- TCAH In-Person Staff Meeting during the first semester of each school year;
- At least one (1) field trip per school year; and
- All state testing windows as determined by the Statewide Assessment Schedule and/or our school district.