Mailroom ClerkUS AMR-Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc.
About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
JOB TITLE: Mail/ Shipping and receiving Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Mail Center
REPORTS TO: Mail Center Manager
Responsible for prompt and accurate sorting and delivery of mail received. The position requires effective knowledge and use of all established policies, procedures, tools, and equipment. Good customer service, communication skills, computer skills, excel, Microsoft, (emails) are required. Maintaining and promoting positive customer and team relationships are essential.
- Participate in daily and monthly safety meetings to meet all Corporate and site requirements
- Must complete six great catches per calendar year
- Communicate any changes in OSHA safety regulations and/or site requirements effectively to all management and staff
- Maintain a safe work environment free of recordable incidents for all employees and customers
Shipping and Receiving Distribution Processes & Procedures
- Receive, sort, deliver, pick up, x-ray and process courier items, interoffice packages and daily ground/express shipments received.
- Track courier and accountable packages (FedEx, UPS, DHL, Certified Mail, etc.)
- Coordinate stage and transport bulk mail items
- Receive, log, deliver and track messenger items
- Coordinate and process customized packaging and other customer special requests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Mail Clerk Processes & Procedures
- Receive incoming mail from the Postal Office.
- Always practice safe lifting techniques when loading and unloading mail and packages onto and from carts and dollies.
- Place latex gloves to separate incoming mail received, 1st. class, magazines, junk mail.
- Start with OPEX digital scanner (see OPEX digital scanner)
- Fine sort researched mail from the OPEX sorter into the appropriate file envelopes.
- Meter outgoing USPS mail retrieved using the Connect + Mail metering machine.
- Process incoming pouches received.
- Meter any outgoing mail using the Connect + Mail metering machine.
Place outgoing USPS mail in the appropriate mail tub for courier pick-up.
- Process outgoing pouches using the FedEx website, take the package to the designated table for FedEx pick-ups.
- Enter the appropriate shipping information of the recipient. Contact name, address, phone number, City and State.
- Enter the appropriate sender information – Address, City and State.
- Enter package shipment details. Contents, number of packages, weight, and service type. (Overnight, 2nd. Day etc.)
- Print label and place on the outgoing package.
- Take package to the designated table for outgoing FedEx packages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Workflow & Quality Assurance
- Follow all processes established in the client standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of all. Hazardous materials, white powder, and suspicious package procedure
- Has working knowledge of Mail Security procedures and Emergency Preparedness Operations
- Follow established customer inquiry process and respond to customer needs and requests.
- Promptly inform management of potential problems or customer concerns.
- Maintain accurate records of customer inquiries and fulfillment of requests.
- Work flexible hours with overtime as necessary
- Maintain accurate files of all logs, manifests, and accountable transactions to include courier and messenger.
- Comply with JLL policies on ethical standards, business practices, confidentiality, professionalism, proper business etiquette and attire.
- Perform other requests made by management.
- Must have computer skills, excel, Microsoft
- Operational knowledge of all relevant equipment within the department
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented to transcribe and quality check information
- Speaks clearly and concisely in a professional manner
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Relevant prior customer service experience
- Shipping and receiving experience
Ability to walk and or stand for prolonged periods of time during the day. Position requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting to 35 pounds. Able to spend extended periods of time standing while performing duties, able to move a carton weighing up to 55 lbs.
Usually inside, well ventilated, and lighted areas.
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at AccomodationRequest@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.