Houston, TX 77056
- General Information
- Job Title: Associate Engineer - Energy Incentives
- 3009 POST OAK BLVD STE 2000
- HOUSTON, TX, 77056-6599
- United States
alliantgroup, LP is currently experiencing explosive growth! As a national consulting firm focused on being the voice to the middle market, our mission is simple: Strengthening American businesses. How do we do this? We hire the brightest talent with the most diverse backgrounds who are passionate about making a difference.
Our clients include architects, engineers and construction firms that provide the design and renovation/retrofits on large commercial buildings. The focus for the client is to benefit from tax incentives realized through our expert analysis of their energy efficient designs implemented into these buildings. Each client works with a team of alliantgroup professionals including Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, Energy Modelers, government relations professionals, attorneys, CPAs and more! Clients who qualify for these lucrative state and federal incentives have an opportunity to reinvest and grow their businesses and create jobs.
Our engineers are some of the brightest, results-oriented and dynamic consultants in the business. As a professional engineer at alliantgroup, you will have the opportunity to grow and eventually manage and lead a team of other engineers and energy modelers.
Our Energy Services Division is our fastest growing division here at alliantgroup!
- Perform technical energy analyses on commercial building property using state-of-the-art energy modeling software
- Research current and past energy codes, review existing energy performance analysis of buildings (LEED, CHIPs, etc.), provide feedback and opinions to our energy modelers and software development team
- Analyze and master hundreds of commercial HVAC, lighting and building envelope systems to understand the energy performance of the existing buildings compared to baseline energy use
- Assist professional engineer in preparation of site visits to our clients and our clients’ buildings to verify completion of qualified work as it pertains to the requirement of the energy incentive
- Assist with conducting site visits of buildings
- Work under responsible charge of professional engineer to obtain professional engineering license
- Coordination with project team on 179D Studies
- Up to 25% travel to client sites and buildings required
- Current Engineer in Training Certification
- 2+ years of progressive engineering experience under the guidance of a professional engineer
- Knowledge of the design and construction industry (AEC/MEP Industry) preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Undergraduate degree required
- Advanced degrees a plus!