Engineering ManagerEthosEnergy Group
Houston, TX 77092
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Lead the technical support and engineering activities related to the inspection, repairs and upgrades of high speed rotating equipment and accessories repaired and/or manufactured in the facility. Provide technical assistance to the broader group and leadership teams to support the company's aftermarket global business for EthosEnergy Group.
- Responsible for application of existing repair processes, generation of new repair processes, data acquisition and data review, component inspection and disposition of equipment and accessories repaired and/or manufactured in the facility and normal operations activities associated to the facility.
- Responsible for the general operations of Quality Control and Repairs Engineering activities associated to the maintenance, repair and overhaul of internal and external components of high-speed rotating equipment serviced in the facility.
- Responsible to create, qualify and implement repair scope, including rotor welding, machining, NDE, blade replacement and other activities for steam turbine repair.
- Create, manage and develop solutions aimed at producing costs effective repairs for use on steam turbine and rotating equipment product lines manufactured by outside vendor work.
- Support and manage the introduction of new part repairs, including first article work to determine the specifications for the first-time repairs of parts for steam turbines and reviewing outside vendor work.
- Responsible for ensuring repairs are in compliance with quality control standards.
- Provide engineering support to the teams and leadership groups to execute activities associated with the goals and objectives deployed in the business by Senior Leadership Teams. Provide Engineering mentoring for the younger team members to promote future growth of the team and facility.
- Create and manage the creation of relevant work instructions, data sheets, drawings and documentation in accordance with standards wagered with the site or global Technical Authorities.
- Support the product manager and resident technical authority with quality and timely delivery solutions. Act as the technical voice of the facility for internal and external customer meetings.
- Support operations with streamlining repairs, quality inspections, in-process guidance and support, failure investigations, internal Non-Conformance Reports and external corrective action requests from suppliers.
- Work with outside vendors as required to validate capabilities and to ensure the work performed meets agreed standards contractually and technically.
- Special projects as assigned.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Engineering leadership experience in a turbomachinery repair facility.
- In depth knowledge of repair and manufacturing operations including machining, welding, heat treating, and non-destructive examination.
- Strong collaboration and team building skills with salaried and hourly employees in a union shop environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including written executive level communications and technical writing.
- Ability to interface with customers, field personnel and the design engineering team.
- Applicable experience in the heavy industrial or marine repair and/or manufacturing sector.
- Experience with reverse engineering of steam turbine components using white/blue light scanning.
- Experience with NX, AutoCAD, Inventor.
- ABET accredited bachelor of science in mechanical engineering (engineering technology or management degrees are not acceptable).
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 10 years of experience working, leading and/or managing similar or diverse engineering teams associated to the service and/or manufacture of high speed rotating equipment or components.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years of experience working, leading and/or managing similar or diverse engineering teams associated to the service and/or manufacture of high-speed rotating equipment or components preferred.
- Must be able to frequently and safely move around in a heavy equipment repair facility. #LI-HB1