GN&C Modeling and Simulation Engineer
GN&C Modeling and Simulation EngineerJacobs
Houston, TX 77002
Critical Mission Solutions
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We are looking for a GN&C Modeling and Simulation Engineer to join our team with GeoControl Systems, Inc., a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
- This position will work on the JETS ISS Rendezvous, Proximity Operations, and Capture (RPOC) team developing on-orbit Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) simulations in support of Commercial Visiting Vehicle missions to the International Space Station (ISS)
- Provide math modeling and simulation development, integration and testing of commercial visiting vehicle GN&C systems
- Perform Monte Carlo trajectory analysis using 6 degrees-of-freedom GN&C simulations
- Develop formal math model, simulation, and analysis documentation
- Directly interact with the NASA customers, along with various NASA support contractors, during technical meetings and working groups
- Perform other duties as required
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering school with five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a Masters degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience
Skills and experience should demonstrate:
- Experience with Linux, C/C++, and Python
- Experience with version control systems, Git/GitLab
- Experience developing, verifying, and validating math models and simulations
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience towards timely completion of technical products and services
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment consisting of NASA civil servants and various contractor employees
- Experience in technical leadership of simulation software development teams
- Orbital mechanics and GN&C principles
- Spacecraft rendezvous, proximity operations, and docking
- Experience with:
- JSC TRICK Simulation Environment
- JEOD (JSC Engineering Orbital Dynamics) modeling package
- TCP/IP socket programming
- Previous experience with simulation visualization and graphics packages, particularly JSC EDGE or DOUG
- Experience in product delivery and management utilizing source code management tools
- Experience performing Monte Carlo simulation and analysis
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with project management tools, resource estimation, and risk management
Why Work on Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, birth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.