Quest Migration Engineer (Remote Opportunity)
Quest Migration Engineer (Remote Opportunity)VetsEZ
VetsEZ is seeking a Quest Migration Engineer to be a part of a remote team. As a top priority for VA's Active Directory (AD) Modernization and Cloud Computing. VA requires a solution for the consolidation and modernization of the AD environment that includes 700,000 user(s) and computer objects across 30-plus domains in a single Forest. VA is consolidating AD Domains in order to reduce domain controller footprint and be in a position to consume Cloud Computing services in the future, which may or may not include Azure, AWS or Office 365 Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
The candidate must reside within the continental US.
Expertise with Quest products (Enterprise Reporter, Migration Manager, Recovery Manager)
Experience migrating and/or collapsing AD domains for large institutions
Knowledge of the functional aspects, data flows, and surrounding business processes impacted by Active Directory
Experience in troubleshooting and resolution of issues impacting the stability of Active Directory
Experience with Microsoft native AD tools
Experience developing PowerShell scripts
Extract data from collection tools and manipulate it to gather and present insight to leadership
Responsible to work with teams to ensure uninterrupted operations with AWS, Azure, Azure AD and M365 to the physical and logical AD elements
Responsible to support domain consolidation migration activities.
- Strong communication skills enabling you to assist application owners troubleshoot the various authentication type scenarios that are encountered
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other technical discipline is required
- 5+ years of relevant experience is required
- Required experience with Active Directory
- Required experience with Quest modules such as Change Auditor, Enterprise Reporter, Migration Manager and Recovery Manager
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment and meet required schedules and timeliness.
- Ability to communicate technical issues and effective documentation skills.
Travel may be involved and working hours will need to be flexible given the regional and global nature of the role
- Preferred, but not required Microsoft Certified Professional
Quest certified is a plus
- VA experience is preferred
- VA Active Directory is strongly preferred
- Ability to obtain a government clearance
- 401k with Employer match
- PTO + Federal holidays
- Corporate Laptop
- Training opportunities
- Remote opportunity
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sorry, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time