AS AN APPROVALS ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
Work with Engineering and Product Management to identify requirements for customer-specific approvals, reviewing standards and documentation as appropriate
Identify work required to gain approvals, including any gaps and/or unknowns in the product portfolio. Produce written reports and recommendations.
Support global sales teams with technical information to achieve targeted metrology, legal, and customer approvals for Gas Chromatograph product lines
Work directly with notified bodies to identify and clarify requirements for product and/or application approval, reviewing standards and documentation as appropriate.
Compile/develop documentation packages for approvals and manage the document approval cycle (transmittal dates, approval code, etc).
Own the Technical file for each product and responsible for following Emerson NPD and ECO processes to ensure data is valid and approved internally and externally
Manage internal/external approval testing, at NRTL’s and customer sites as required
Support factory audits
Manage relationship with Emerson Product Environmental Compliance team to ensure all products are ROHS and REACH compliant
You define issues and can map out a process for resolution.You evaluate pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solutions. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You make new connections and build relationships in other areas and teams. You prepare for tough stands even if against the grain.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program.
- Experience in the design and/or certification of industrial products.
- Knowledge of product safety standards (CE, UL, CSA, ATEX, and/or IECEx).
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Highly organized with a demonstrable process and detailed oriented mindset.
- The candidate should possess strong project management and communication skills.
- Able to travel between 5-10% of the time, within the U.S. and Canada.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the design and/or certification of industrial products used in hazardous locations for oil/gas industry.
- Knowledge of metrological/pattern approval standards (OIML, GOST, PTB) is desirable.