GIS Solutions Architect
GIS Solutions ArchitectJacobs
Houston, TX 77002
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We’re helping our clients embrace the digital revolution by providing data analysis solutions tailored to their environmental challenges. As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will have the chance to work on a broad range of consulting projects with a focus on supporting our global clients. We are looking for innovators in the geospatial and data science fields to help implement cutting edge digital solutions.
Key objectives will include:
Support a broad range of consulting projects with a focus on our clients.
Work as a team lead to provide design, overall technical vision, and deliver commercial level applications with cutting edge technologies.
This role will be global in nature, supporting both domestic and international opportunities. 70% of the position will be development and implementation of the new product. The other 30% of the position will be researching / introducing new technologies to the company.
Typical duties will include:
Responsible for the delivery of projects, either as a project lead, or solution architect as appropriate.
Responsible for advising on development process or technology solutions. Work with Project Managers to provide GIS guidance on projects, scoping, and proposals.
Advise best practices for deploying solution and design systems, including integration to various systems to meet business needs.
Create innovative solutions to accommodate unique customer needs and define integration patterns for third-party systems.
Provide mentorship and guidance to other technical staff on design, implementation, and optimization of different solutions spanning applications, data, and systems.
Assist the Stormwater, Environmental, and Water Resource planning groups with data management, GIS Project management, web map development, and field collection app development within the ArcGIS Online and Portal environments.
Assist all staff with GIS, AutoCAD, Civil3D, related tasks and help to create automation processes and tools.
Bring your expertise in environmental science and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we’ll empower you to deliver the boldest solutions for our clients.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
#BIAHere’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science
- Demonstrated experience in GIS and software development
- Project management experience
- Experience in platform architecture, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, deployment, security, identity management frameworks, cloud, and scalability
- Experience architecting, implementing, and administrating enterprise IT-GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS enterprise platform (desktop, server, and online)
- Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or interfaces
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, other RDBMS and/or NoSQL and Windows, and/or other server environments
- Strong, persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas-both verbally and in written form-whether to customers, executives, or other technical or non-technical peers
Ideally You'll Also Have:
- Must be a team player possessing strong social, communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in transforming high level design into a commercial level product for clients
- Sufficient knowledge in multiple program languages and frameworks like Python
- Working knowledge of Esri ArcGIS software
- Ability to pass a background check
U.S. Government Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols:
As a federal contractor of the U.S. government, Jacobs is subject to the Executive Order requiring companies who support U.S. government contracts to ensure their covered employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated or approved for a legally-entitled medical or religious accommodation.
Full vaccination is NOT required at this time for positions that are not covered by the federal contractor Executive Order, that do not require performance of work in a Jacobs office, and that do not have full vaccination as a client requirement where work is performed at a client site.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.