Project Engineer - Space
Project Engineer - SpaceILC Dover LP
Houston, TX 77058
ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dover’s visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Project Engineer – Space will be responsible for performing tasks and contributing to specific projects, initiatives, and programs in support of our Space business line. The Project Engineer will work independently as well as collaboratively to promote and ensure positive client/customer experience. This individual will be active in reviewing project plans and proposals to address technical concerns with our client/customer.
- Reviews and coordinates approval of technical reports, failure investigation closures and document revisions for the NASA customer
- Briefs the NASA customer on the technical aspects of Extra-vehicular Mobility Unit (EMU) projects through project coordination meetings, status reports and other forms of communication.
- Leads or participates in cross-discipline working groups for ongoing Extra-vehicular Activity (EVA) issues requiring special emphasis
- Prepares and coordinates review and approval of flight certification data
- Provides real-time Mission Support for EVAs and EMU-related International Space Station (ISS) events
- Coordination with the Space Suit Assembly (SSA) Test Lab and the Suit Processing contractor for quick response testing, fit checks and/or evaluations to support in-flight anomaly or hardware failure investigations
- Generates and delivers presentations to the NASA customer on an as-needed basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to access shared database with government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Engineering preferred or related technical field of study; newly graduated applicants will be considered; must have graduated with at least a 3.0 GPA in specific Engineering field
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, coordinating resources as well as the ability to analyze data and solve problems
- Demonstrated collaborative skills with peers, cross-functional teams, and external customers
- Proficiency with computer applications such as MS Office, project management software, order processing software, database software
- Must be able to travel nationally and internationally
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran