LNG Technical Manager
LNG Technical ManagerWorley
Primary Location: USA-TX-Houston
Job: Project Management
Job Posting: Feb 9, 2022
Unposting Date: Mar 11, 2022
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Provide Worley and our North American LNG Customers with engineering, construction, operations and maintenance expertise across the LNG asset lifecycle
- Maintain and build healthy Customer relationships throughout the life of the contract
- Act as primary interface with Customer to ensure that the Customer's expectations are satisfied
- Ensure the development and conformance to approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements
- Regularly meet with Customer to identify potential value propositions, challenges, project opportunities, and potential growth areas
- Development of operations and maintenance philosophies, plans and procedures for LNG facilities for commissioning, start-up and operations
- Development of a functional operations organization including recruitment planning
- Operations training in classroom, Operations Training Simulation, and in the field
- Operations readiness leadership
- Boots on the ground LNG operations experience to achieve steady state operations
- LNG plant troubleshooting / process monitoring
- Production optimization and debottlenecking studies
- Be familiar with all Customer HSE policies and procedures and demonstrate leadership in HSE through engagement and promoting a culture of safety and well-being
- Seek and provide value-added services that are aligned with the Customer’s needs and increase the overall annual value of the contract.
- Provide leadership for integrated multi-disciplinary and cross-office teams to supply services in accordance with contract scopes of work.
- Support Business Development and ensure effective handover of secured contracts, as applicable.
- Support Worley’s global strategic initiatives within your respective sector.
- Ensure a clear definition of scope and compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply an effective change control process, dependent on scope and where required.
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action.
- Effectively manage project interfaces, including use of Worley’s global resources.
- Manage the design, procurement, and construction activities to meet the project schedule.
- Monitor schedule milestone attainment. Develop and implement of corrective action plans.
- Ensure timely and effective documentation turnover and project close-out.
- Ensure that all project plans and estimates are prepared accurately and timely.
- Assist in monitoring and control all cost aspects of the project to forecast costs, obtain approvals, identify trends, and take action to avoid cost overruns and take advantage of opportunities.
- Assess performance of cost control system & personnel.
- Ensure the right systems are in place and that these are applied on the project.
- Ensure compliance with Worley’s policies and procedures.
- Provide clear and focused leadership for the project.
- Provide mentoring of personnel as required and participate in staff performance evaluations.
- Identify and implement training requirements.
- Ensure effective communications with the project team.
- Ensure accurate, timely & effective progress reporting to the Customer and internally to Worley management.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of the communication network between project staff, the client and third parties and introduction of changes where required.
- Identify and monitor closure of all project risks and opportunities.
- Maintain a risk avoidance and risk mitigation focus throughout the project duration.
- Ensure design team is aware of, and is complying with, client's Basis of Design and applicable regulations and codes and the project schedule.
- Monitor design activities, inter-discipline data flow and communications.
- Assess procurement process throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification and are delivered on time and are within budget.
Values and Behaviors:
- Team player
- Active listener
- Ability and effectiveness to engage customer and team
- Growth focused
- BSc degree in Engineering. A technical diploma and equivalent experience may be considered
- (15) years relevant work experience, preferably (10) years in LNG, leading brownfield EPC and O&M portfolio Management work.
- Experience on LNG projects through project lifecycle from concept (pre-FEED) straight through to commissioning and startup and achieving steady-state operations
- Experience with the main process licensors / processes SMR, C3MR and Optimized Cascade
- Direct and sustained experience in a customer service environment.
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project/Service Contract environment.
- Proven team leadership and communication skills.
- Proven ability in leading multidiscipline activities in an industrial environment, preferably an LNG facility
- Proven Project Management skills.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Understanding of contract requirements, development, and negotiations.
- Experience as a Project Manager on small, medium, and large scale projects or portfolios.
- Operating/business experience in a consulting and/or engineering environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multidiscipline teams doing feasibility, FEED and detailed engineering, procurement and execution phases of projects. Experience in providing project management services to energy companies.
- Engineering discipline technical leadership experience on EPC work will be an asset for this position, preferably LNG experience.
- Requires travel to jobsite as necessary
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.