Engineering ManagerSiemens Energy
Houston, TX 77079
Department: SE GP I PR IS
Job Grade: 05a S40 or 05b S40, depending on experience
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering required, at minimum
- 15 years of engineering and management experience in oil and gas or petrochemical industry. Experience in decarbonization technologies is a plus. Prior knowledge of Siemens Energy applications, customers, processes, and products
- Experience in all aspects of engineering from conceptual design, project economics, detailed engineering, and plant startup and troubleshooting preferred
- Has a multi-discipline understanding in process, instrumentation & controls, piping, machinery, process safety and equipment design.
- Relevant and demonstrable management experience throughout full project life cycle from conceptual studies to site installation and completion.
- Detailed understanding of estimating, project scheduling and resource planning.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work successfully in cross functional teams from different professional, cultural and business backgrounds
- Has effective computer skills in Microsoft Office software suite
- Team player with a mindset to work with a global team and with diverse cultures Is flexible in terms of changing priorities, workload and working hours
- Ability to coach, mentor and share knowledge in both formal and informal settings.
- Is open to travel domestically and internationally, as required
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- The engineering manager plans, coordinates, and oversees the technical and engineering activities of a multidisciplinary engineering team.
- They are responsible for ensuring engineering duties are fulfilled.
- Responsible for project scheduling and engineering resource planning.
- Assess the qualifications of key resources and ensure that the engineering team is adequately staffed to produce quality engineering deliverables in accordance with the agreed portfolio schedule.
- Undertake a review of previous lessons learned, and the incorporation of relevant lessons learned into the design.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Empowered to get involved in multiple markets with special focus on the growing energy transition and decarbonization markets.
- Ability to influence the market through the development of new technologies, solutions and products.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.