Head Start Collaborations Substitute Teacher
Head Start Collaborations Substitute TeacherBakerRipley
Houston, TX 77036
The Head Start Collaborations Substitute Teacher ensures continuity in the absence of the classroom teacher or teacher assistant by ensuring a stimulating and motivating classroom environment to provide a high-quality, comprehensive, rigorous educational program for each assigned student.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of state and local curriculum goals. Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, to communicate these objectives to the students.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect the students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, agency policy, and administrative regulations.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
- Associates or better in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Positive Attitude
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)