After-School/Saturday HS Math Tutors Wanted! College Students Encouraged to Apply! (Houston)
After-School/Saturday HS Math Tutors Wanted! College Students Encouraged to Apply! (Houston)Catapult Learning
Houston, TX 77081
Job Type- Part-time
Catapult Learning, LLC is seeking passionate and experienced Secondary Math Tutors for part-time afternoon and/or Saturday positions in central Houston, TX. College students studying Education or Math are highly encouraged to apply!
****up to $25.00 per hour ****
We are a company with over 40 years of excellence in education, providing K12 contracted instructional services to public and private schools throughout the United States. Specializing in targeted, small group instruction, Catapult Learning provides additional support to students in Math and Reading.
- Competitive pay (up to $25.00 per hour)
- Curriculum and teaching materials provided
- Paid training and professional development
- Paid planning time (20% of total weekly instructional hours)
- Small group instruction (pull-out intervention programs)
- Growth potential
- Company support and quality assurance (local support team and weekly visits)
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students
- Attend training sessions and deliver designated instructional models and strategies in mathematics to eligible students through utilization of company-designed materials and educational strategies.
- Maintain individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans based on diagnostic assessment and other data.
- Establish and maintain Title I compliance through student forms and files as required by company, local, state, and federal agencies.
- Maintain professional, timely, and consistent communication with company supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents.
- Instruct secondary students in an onsite/face-to-face school setting (and virtually, if necessary).
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred, but we can also accept candidates who are currently pursuing a degree in Education or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience teaching students (K-12); classroom experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook & Excel) and virtual meeting programs (Zoom)
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude towards students, administration, parents, and other internal and external customers
- Current Teaching Certificate a plus, but not required
JOIN THE CATAPULT FAMILY TODAY!