Elementary Instructional Specialist 2021-2022 - Math/Science, ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Elementary Instructional Specialist 2021-2022 - Math/Science, ELEMENTARY SCHOOLCypress-Fairbanks Independent School District
Houston, TX 77065
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university (preference may be given to those working on a master's degree with a focus on Principal Certification);
- Texas Certification in elementary education;
- Minimum of three (3) years of successful experience as an elementary classroom teacher;
- Demonstrated ability to provide staff development and to work collaboratively with others.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Probationary/Term Contract: 187 days
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
- Provide assistance to the instructional staff, concerning the teaching/learning process and classroom management.
- Visit classrooms and provide feedback and coaching as they relate to student learning needs and instructional issues.
- Model exemplary lessons in the classroom.
- Assist in teaching student groups as determined by the principal.
- In collaboration with staff, utilize student data to recommend appropriate changes in instruction, materials and strategies.
- Develop and monitor a plan to ensure that at-risk students receive additional assistance.
- Stay abreast of curriculum issues and district standards and communicate those to the staff.
- Help develop and present workshops that support the Campus Improvement Plan.
- Work with parents to promote their involvement in school.
- Perform other curriculum duties as assigned by the building principal.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; [Must be willing to obtain and maintain a current automated external defibrillator (AED) and CPR certificate]
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
- Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Hiring managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.