Fourth Grade Teacher
Fourth Grade TeacherThe Kinkaid School Inc
Houston, TX 77024
The Kinkaid School is seeking a full-time Fourth Grade Teacher to join its team in Lower School starting in August 2022. The Kinkaid School is a co-educational non-sectarian day school enrolling 1,400 students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. Located on a sixty-five-acre campus in the heart of Houston, Texas, the school offers a thriving intellectual community in the midst of a vibrant, urban, diverse culture.
With an enrollment just above 400 students, the Lower School fosters a learning environment centered on innovation, creativity and personal attention. Teachers in each grade work as a close-knit team to support each other and collaborate on curriculum development. They are assisted by specialists in art, science, reading, music and physical education and have access to generous resources including material and supplies, state of the art technology and regular professional development experiences, which occur both on and off campus.
Provide daily instruction to a classroom of up to 18 students
- Create daily, differentiated instructional plans aligned with grade-level standards
- Assess student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration
- Prepare a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress
- Collaborate with fellow teachers on curriculum development
- Collaborate with teaching specialists to foster a learning environment congruent with the specific educational objectives set by the administration and the grade team
- Communicate with parents, counselors, and specialists regarding students’ educational objectives
- Attend and help organize parent-teacher conferences and school events as needed
- Use technology i.e. computer, iPad, Promethean Boards, audiovisual aids and other equipment and materials to instruct and support students
- Attend faculty/staff meetings, and serve on committees as required
- Plan and supervise assignments for teacher assistants and volunteers
- Fulfill weekly/monthly before and after school duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in education. Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience teaching fourth grade, preferably at an independent school
- Experience with the workshop model of teaching
- Experience with Everyday Math
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Core knowledge of the development of intermediate-age school ren
- A passion for and experience with integrating technology into the curriculum to serve the needs of all learners
- Lauded experience working with students, parents, and colleagues
- A demonstrated eagerness to grow professionally
- A commitment to collaboration and high ethical professional standards
- A collegial, energetic, and engaging demeanor
- An interest in and commitment to being a full member of the community
- Exemplifies Kinkaid’s four core values of honesty, responsibility, respect, and kindness
The Kinkaid School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law, The Kinkaid School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Submit all correspondence including your cover letter, resume, and application through The Kinkaid School position post. Please no emails or phone calls to submit your candidacy or show interest.