Middle School Tutor (MATH) - Virtual Tutoring $20/hr
Middle School Tutor (MATH) - Virtual Tutoring $20/hrMy Perfect Tutoring
teaching up to 8th grade math: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Type- Part-time, Contract
Join our team if you want flexible hours and are passionate to build relationships and deliver tutoring sessions focusing on supporting schoolwork and enrichment for a 6th-grade student in Math.
- Specific availability two times a week from 4:45PM to 5:45PM on M, T, W, and TH (preferably T and TH)
- Be able to teach 6th to 8th-grade math concepts and be a step ahead at his math grade level
- Be able to find gaps and solidify elementary math foundations
- Able to transfer knowledge and connect with middle school students
- Be able to seamlessly tutor through online medium
- Willing to go into the student's home with our COVID-19 safety guidelines
- Retired or experienced teacher is a plus.
Where will you work?
Some in-home opportunities may be in areas such as:
- Rice Village
- River Oaks
- West University
- Medical Center
Why Work for Us
Our tutors can choose which students to accept and determine their own weekly schedule. Be more than a tutor, be a mentor to improve the lives of students and their families.
- Receive a steady stream of available students
- Choose your students and tutoring times to fit your ideal schedule.
- Make your job easier by receiving a detailed profile of your student before tutoring, including academic history, current needs, and goals
- Get paid for your work quickly, easily, and reliably
- Use readily available resources and support to assist you as needed
- Be located in central Houston locations (primarily with 610 loop) mentioned in the job summary or willing to drive to students' homes
- Able to pass and pay for criminal background check
- Bachelor's Degree or pursuing one
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Have reliable transportation and willing to travel to clients' homes
- Most likely be available between 4 PM to 9 PM on weekdays and flexible on the weekends to work around the student's and family's schedule
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To keep families and students as safe as possible, wear masks and other covid-19 safety guidelines. Vaccinations may be required for in-home opportunities.
- Are you willing to travel to the student's home for a 1 hour to 1.5-hour session?
- Are you willing to take and pay for a background check?
- In a sentence or two, please describe your relative experience or why would you be a good fit for this tutoring opportunity?
- Is it okay to communicate with you over text? If so, what will be the number?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- teaching up to 8th grade math: 3 years (Preferred)
- teacher's certification? (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations