Potential Homeroom Teacher Openings
Potential Homeroom Teacher OpeningsAWTY International School
Houston, TX 77055
Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st Grade Homeroom Teachers
The Awty International School has potential openings in Spanish and English homerooms in preschool, kindergarten and 1st grade for the 2022-2023 school year.
At Awty, we believe students learn best and faculty perform best in a culture of vibrant diversity. Diversity is an essential quality of our school environment; our commitment to learning and the pursuit of excellence can occur only in such a context. It helps us guide our students to become responsible world citizens. Our commitment to learning about and respecting one another’s diversity brings distinct richness to the Awty experience for students, alumni, employees, and parents.
BA or equivalent in Preschool or Elementary Education or related field of education
- Native-speaker proficiency in Spanish, English or both
At least three years of teaching experience in a preschool or early primary school setting
- International and independent school experience preferred
Possess excellent teaching skills appropriate for ren in primary school
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of interactive methodologies and technology integration
- Follow the School’s guidelines and curriculum
- Include activities to develop cross-cultural understanding
- Demonstrate professional strengths of gentleness, nurturing, respectfulness, consistency
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to hood social, emotional, and intellectual development within an international school setting
- Maintain an in-depth familiarity with the appropriate curricula and current teaching trends and developments
A teacher at the Awty International School is expected, but not limited to, the following expectations:
Effectively teaching the Awty curriculum including undertaking appropriate lesson preparation and assessing and evaluating students as necessary.
- Collaborating with other primary teachers who are teaching in the grade.
- Attending and positively contributing to subject, faculty, grade, and division meetings as scheduled by the Division Head and whole school meetings as appropriate.
- Performing snack, lunch, recess, and other teacher duties.
- Contributing to the wider life of the School in areas such as special projects and presentations, service learning, and by attending student events, Open House, prospective parent meetings, and other school and parent meetings.
All applicants should include a cover letter, updated resume and three professional references (including your most recent supervisor). Direct inquiries to Lilian Habib-Shenoda, Director of Human Resources, at lHabib-Shenoda@awty.org.
The Awty International School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ethnic or religious beliefs, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and athletic and other school-administered programs or in its employment practices.
Hiring InsightsHiring for this role
• Mobile: NA
• Location: NA
• Post ID: 21610298