Designer - Civil
Designer - CivilWalter P Moore
Houston, TX 77010
In this position, the Designer will work with a team of engineers for the pursuit, design and production of various civil engineering projects, including the following responsibilities:
- Visualize engineering concepts and translate to design drawings.
- Prepare reports, exhibits, preliminary and final site development drawings, and plan & profiles from verbal instructions, notes, and other input material from supervising engineer.
- Use Civil 3D and Civil 3D supported analysis and modeling software to perform design tasks such as site layouts, site grading, site drainage and utilities, surface modeling and analysis, creation of alignments, creation of corridors, profiles, sections, and material take-offs for cost opinions.
- Assist supervising engineer in collection of project requirements and materials for project design and documentation.
- Able to apply basic engineering design principles, theories, and practices to complete assignments and manage multiple deadlines.
- May assist supervising engineer and management as a technical specialist and advisor to mentor and train graduate engineers, and cad technicians.
- Able to conform to company standards.
- Able to organize and maintain project related information per company’s requirements and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent + Basic Drafting/CAD Training
- 5 years of experience in civil design projects
- Proficient in Civil/3D, Civil 3D supported software (SSA, Hydraflow), and AutoCAD
- Good working knowledge of Navisworks, Infraworks
- Knowledge of other software systems such as Microstation, Open Roads, and GeoPak a plus
- Knowledge of State and local rules, regulations, standards, and procedures a plus.
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Overview: