PwC Technology - Front-end Architect
PwC Technology - Front-end ArchitectPRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS
Houston, TX 77002
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT architecture and engineering designs and domains.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as an architect in strategic IT including the following areas:
- Collaborating with UX Designers to build experiences that excite stakeholders;
- Collaborating with other Architects and Developers to provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards;
- Working independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs;
- Supervising and establishing delivery of project initiatives;
- Building trusting and influential relationships and engaging with vendors and third parties as appropriate;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create a competitive advantage;
- Displaying initiative and an ability to lead others;
- Providing coaching and technical mentoring;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models;
- Demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
- Leveraging business knowledge and interpersonal abilities to build, maintain, and influence relationships with senior leaders in IT and stakeholders;
- Evaluating, defining, and when necessary prototyping and guiding development teams in a hands-on manner on alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution; and,
- Providing direction and guidance, hands-on development support, code review, development oversight, and support to successfully deliver on time with quality.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in technical knowledge and skills in the following areas of application development:
- Highly skilled in Angular;
- Extensive experience implementing Responsive Web Design;
- Compare and contrast between PWD. RWD, AWD, and SPA;
- Multiple front-end frameworks and libraries (Angular, React, Vue, Node.js);
- Microsoft Stack (C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework, MS SQL);
- Cloud (Designing, building and deploying cloud-centric solutions on Azure);
- Integration by building application integrations using REST and SOAP web services;
- Development Lifecycles and methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, TDD, Iterative & Waterfall;
- Relational and document databases;
- Unit testing tools (Jest, Mocha, Cucumber, nUnit, MOQ);
- Mobile application development and deployment;
- Test Driven Development and/or Behavior Driven Development;
- Unit testing in several languages and frameworks; and,
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsseniormanager.