Civil CADD Designer
Civil CADD DesignerWilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects
Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects is currently seeking a full-time CADD Designer to support our industrial team in our Houston, TX office. This person will perform design tasks such as rail & industrial site design and grading/drainage design, associated with civil engineering projects. The person will also work within the MicroStation environments and alongside existing office staff/management to successfully complete projects within established budgets and deadlines. The applicant will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of civil/site engineering, infrastructure and land development projects throughout the US.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates computer-aided design (MicroStation InRoads/OpenRoads) system and peripheral equipment to resize or modify integrated designs.
- Plan set development including set and sheet organization, detail development and interdisciplinary coordination and review.
- Assess quality of drawings and initiate changes needed to comply with established standards. Maintain production of high-quality products.
- Designs in a manner according to established industry standards and state or federal construction policies. Responsible for meeting project schedules, timely completion of project task deliverables, creating study and design materials for public meetings and client deliverables, and supporting planning and design functions of multi-disciplined teams.
- Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks, and work with a Project Manager to determine and confirm the scope of work.
- Works from sketches, notes, and other input material to produce computer generated graphs, charts, overlays, and completed drawings.
- Has diversified engineering design experience and is able to work on complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Assists in maintaining efficient daily operations by resolving problems of other operators and handling difficult operating tasks.
- Calculates figures to convert design dimensions to resizing dimensions specified for subsequent production processes.
- Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects as needed to support the needs of Project Managers.
- Confers with planning, engineering, and design staff to determine design modifications and enters editing information into computer.
- Uses specified information to produce graphic representation (hard copy) of design for review and approval by engineering, architectural and other design staff.
- Maintains familiarity with currently accepted standards and methods for use on assigned project tasks.
- May analyze incoming material and develop drafting methods for most efficient production.
- Provides technical assistance on projects as needed. May work on several concurrent projects.
- Understands and follows company standard MicroStation procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. Suggest improvements to standard procedures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of projects/tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Product software utilization.
- Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Results oriented, with a collaborative work style and strong communication skills required.
- Extensive knowledge/experience of MicroStation, InRoads, OpenRoads.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to project sites as needed.
- Minimum of four (4) years of design experience preferred.
- Experience with Industrial TXDOT, Federal, and local municipality plan production.
Why Wilson & Company?
- We value and intentionally plan for the employee experience, striving to make your day productive and valuable for you.
- We value an appropriate balance of work/personal life and intentionally forecast and resolve workload issues ahead of time.
- We practice Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and communities that we work in to offer something more than a transactional relationship.
- We are transparent to the employees of the company, executing One Company communication all-staff meetings monthly.
- We are a mid-sized company, offering the ability to be competitive internally and externally at all levels. We compete with the smallest and largest engineering companies in the world and are successful in doing so every day.
- We value talent from all directions, focusing on collaboration as the primary way to execute work and provide more value to our clients.
Wilson & Company has a rich history in multimodal transportation planning, traffic engineering and design, and the right candidate will become part of our bright future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning services, and employ staff throughout 15 offices in 9 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including railroads; municipal, state, and federal agencies; energy, industrial, and commercial companies; and private developers.
The cornerstone of our success is Higher Relationships, standards in Discipline, Intensity, Collaboration, Shared Ownership, and Solutions. Discipline is doing it right, with attention to details without exception. Intensity is doing what it takes to meet and exceed expectations. Collaboration is working together and bringing out the best in each other. Shared Ownership means we adopt the goals of others as our own. Finally, Solutions are achieved in a win-win environment. We value this commitment to Higher Relationships with our employees, clients, and the communities where we live and work. And for you, our culture intends to help you achieve personal and professional success. Come grow with us!
Wilson & Company provides a comprehensive benefits package that encourages employee health and well-being. We have several options to choose from for health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plan benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
The Company requires full COVID-19 vaccination as a pre-requisite to performing the position you are applying for, unless a legally recognized medical or religious exemption applies (in which case there are COVID testing and masking requirements for the exempted employees). The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.