Director of Architectural Design
Director of Architectural DesignHM General Contractors
Houston, TX 77043
Revit: 3 years (Preferred)
Sketchup: 3 years (Preferred)
AutoCAD: 5 years (Preferred)
Creative Innovative Big Picture Thinker Wanted! Do you have a flair for ensuring no detail goes unnoticed and enjoy a busy work environment? We are the place for you! Seeking a pro-active resourceful leader who likes to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Must be detailed oriented and accurate in your work. Contact us TODAY and start designing your future!
Fast growing General Contractor in Houston area.
Architectural Designer with commercial construction experience, responsible for the design and drafting utilizing Autocad and Revit. Knowledge of Architectural Standards and local regulations for Houston and surrounding counties.
Create full architectural permitting, construction documents and product specifications for tenant improvements and ground ups, including plan development. Assist design team with permitting applications, landlord, MUD and HOA plan submissions.
Meet with clients during design and planning phase to project scope and budget. Select furniture, fixtures and equipment with client to create custom designs. Assist field staff and subcontractors with addressing on-site issues.
Provide status reports to clients and design team for weekly meeting. Assist in implementing document & data management procedures. Responsible for updating project progress in
Project Tracking software. Keeping plans organized and up-to-date.
- First and foremost, bring your integrity and customer service every day. Our team members are our customers. Never stop learning and flex to learn and adapt to our office methods.
- Draft architectural interior drawings, elevations, details and other project documents in the current release of AutoCAD, from sketch packages, hand sketches and verbal instructions, with a very high level of quality control.
- Learn and adhere to strict HMGC CAD standards, project start up and close out CAD procedures and other departmental processes.
- Draft complex custom millwork and metal fixture details. Willingness to deep dive and learn how to build sections and details on your own, from a sketch package.
- Our professional environment requires a high level of verbal and written communication skills. Work with various team members to obtain direction and have the ability to articulate scope of work, identify missing details and to deliver projects on schedule.
- Merge consultant CAD plans into HMGC drawings, to create complete sets of plans, elevations and details.
- Responsible for the prompt checking of shop drawings, verifying their accuracy with the bid documents and their prompt return.
- Various duties such as converting archive drawings into CAD, uploading project files to cloud, creating Excel spreadsheets, occasional field surveys, presentations or special assignments.
- Grow toward becoming an expert in CAD to include Bluebeam and lead lunch & learn team topics.
Requirements - Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or Associate, or technical degree in related field.
- Must provide a portfolio of experience drafting plans, elevations and details for architectural store interiors, or similar luxury tenant finish out.
- Expert level of 2016-2017 AutoCAD. Intermediate Excel, 3D Studio Max, or Revit skills a plus.
- Intuitive thinking required, in order to convert a sketch package into a thorough set of construction documents. Must enjoy highly detailed projects and working independently to deliver projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages with self-motivation to meet deadlines.
- Experience designing or drafting metal and wood store displays a plus.
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods of installation a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Revit: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sketchup: 3 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location